babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Factory Order Calls? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Factory Order Calls? (/Thread-Factory-Order-Calls)

Factory Order Calls? - Andy_A - 03-05-2012 07:36am

Hi Guys, I'm hoping for a build date soon. Does anyone know whether the order calls are monthly or are they random? Thanks in advance for your replies.

RE: Factory Order Calls? - Straydox - 03-05-2012 08:27am

(03-05-2012 07:36am)Andy_A Wrote:  Hi Guys, I'm hoping for a build date soon. Does anyone know whether the order calls are monthly or are they random? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Monthly - the critical question is how many orders are in front of yours at the dealer?

RE: Factory Order Calls? - RacingSnake - 03-05-2012 09:17am

Monthly... and that ^^^

the info you need, is what number you are in the dealer queue, and the approximate allocation size of the dealer per month.

In my example I signed up and was number 26 on the list Rolling Eyes
Dealer told me they get an allocation of 8 per month... meaning I should have had it in 4 months.
In reality, they got 4 per month, which meant I had to wait 7 months.

RE: Factory Order Calls? - Andy_A - 03-05-2012 09:18am

(03-05-2012 08:27am)Straydox Wrote:  Monthly - the critical question is how many orders are in front of yours at the dealer?

Straydox and RacingSnake, thanks for that. It's just been confirmed that I am Numero Uno in the next batch, so should get a build date soon.

I understand it's your build date today, I bet you're excited!

RE: Factory Order Calls? - Straydox - 03-05-2012 09:37am

(03-05-2012 09:18am)Andy_A Wrote:  Straydox and RacingSnake, thanks for that. It's just been confirmed that I am Numero Uno in the next batch, so should get a build date soon.

I understand it's your build date today, I bet you're excited!

You are welcome! Yes, 6 months is too long to wait really - I was right on the edge of cancelling when my build date came through and that was almost 3 months to the day after the order was placed. I was that close to ordering a Kia Sportage instead...

At the time the order was placed the dealer had been told that all orders placed in January would be delivered by the end of March/beginning of April and I ordered on that basis. Having worked closely with the automotive industry, manufacturing and assembly for nearly 25 years I'm realistic enough to know that a lot can happen that can effect the build date......and it has.