Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Factory Order Calls?
Andy_A

Factory Order Calls?

Hi Guys, I'm hoping for a build date soon. Does anyone know whether the order calls are monthly or are they random? Thanks in advance for your replies.

On order:
SD4 Auto, Prestige 5 door, Firenze Red, Black Leather, Pano, Privacy, Elec Tailgate......Patience is a Virtue!
03-05-2012 07:36am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Straydox

RE: Factory Order Calls?

(03-05-2012 07:36am)Andy_A Wrote:  Hi Guys, I'm hoping for a build date soon. Does anyone know whether the order calls are monthly or are they random? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Monthly - the critical question is how many orders are in front of yours at the dealer?

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
03-05-2012 08:27am
RacingSnake

Monthly... and that ^^^

the info you need, is what number you are in the dealer queue, and the approximate allocation size of the dealer per month.

In my example I signed up and was number 26 on the list Rolling Eyes
Dealer told me they get an allocation of 8 per month... meaning I should have had it in 4 months.
In reality, they got 4 per month, which meant I had to wait 7 months.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2012 09:18am by RacingSnake.)
03-05-2012 09:17am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Andy_A

(03-05-2012 08:27am)Straydox Wrote:  Monthly - the critical question is how many orders are in front of yours at the dealer?

Straydox and RacingSnake, thanks for that. It's just been confirmed that I am Numero Uno in the next batch, so should get a build date soon.

I understand it's your build date today, I bet you're excited!

On order:
SD4 Auto, Prestige 5 door, Firenze Red, Black Leather, Pano, Privacy, Elec Tailgate......Patience is a Virtue!
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2012 09:19am by Andy_A.)
03-05-2012 09:18am
Straydox

(03-05-2012 09:18am)Andy_A Wrote:  Straydox and RacingSnake, thanks for that. It's just been confirmed that I am Numero Uno in the next batch, so should get a build date soon.

I understand it's your build date today, I bet you're excited!

You are welcome! Yes, 6 months is too long to wait really - I was right on the edge of cancelling when my build date came through and that was almost 3 months to the day after the order was placed. I was that close to ordering a Kia Sportage instead...

At the time the order was placed the dealer had been told that all orders placed in January would be delivered by the end of March/beginning of April and I ordered on that basis. Having worked closely with the automotive industry, manufacturing and assembly for nearly 25 years I'm realistic enough to know that a lot can happen that can effect the build date......and it has.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
03-05-2012 09:37am