babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
heated seat - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: heated seat (/Thread-heated-seat)

Pages: 1 2

heated seat - rtmyers1 - 01-05-2012 10:43pm

anyone added heated seats. my dealer says the wiring is in place but not the heating pads or the heating modules. Needs new switch assembly in dash also.

RE: heated seat - PhilSkill - 01-05-2012 10:57pm

What's in the centre of the 2 round heating controls if you dont have heated seats? As its standard on all UK models doubt anyone here will ever need to retrofit.

RE: heated seat - slee18 - 01-05-2012 11:12pm

those arent standard on US models it has to have the climate package. It cant be that hard to add the heating pads, an upholstery shop can add them to the seats. dont know about that control unit though

RE: heated seat - Michelle - 02-05-2012 06:17am

If you leave your car outside at night and hate having to wait for the heating to warm up the car on winter mornings why not just go for heated seats? you won't regret it. they make such a difference as they make you warm very quickly. I love mine ( on my Honda). Or do you already have an Evoque and are asking if you can add them on?

RE: heated seat - rtmyers1 - 02-05-2012 07:53am

Wanting to add on. Thanks

RE: heated seat - XFullFatTim - 02-05-2012 09:57am

If you are going for the heated seats then you may also like the heated steering wheel, it's very effective on cold mornings

RE: heated seat - doug - 02-05-2012 10:05am

(02-05-2012 09:57am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  If you are going for the heated seats then you may also like the heated steering wheel, it's very effective on cold mornings

The heated steering wheel is a bit OTT for me, as I don't even like the feel of the heated seats (feels like I wet myself). But my wife drives with the seat in max temperature all the time & would have loved the heated steering wheel if I had told her it was a option Very Happy

RE: heated seat - XFullFatTim - 02-05-2012 10:09am

You could pull the fuses Doug, they use a lot of power to get them up to scorch temperature so will improve your fuel consumption figures !!

RE: heated seat - Barneyridge - 03-05-2012 03:34am

(01-05-2012 10:57pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  What's in the centre of the 2 round heating controls if you dont have heated seats? As its standard on all UK models doubt anyone here will ever need to retrofit.

Phil, the centre are just blank, black plastic

RE: heated seat - eastrnma - 04-05-2012 06:24pm

(01-05-2012 10:43pm)rtmyers1 Wrote:  anyone added heated seats. my dealer says the wiring is in place but not the heating pads or the heating modules. Needs new switch assembly in dash also.

Apparently the heating pads and wiring are in place, but you cannot get factory controls.
Here's a photo of the aftermarket console-mounted switches that were installed on mine:
[attachment=2121]