babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Maybe I'm missing something. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: Maybe I'm missing something. (/Thread-Maybe-I-m-missing-something)

Maybe I'm missing something. - Evo-king - 01-05-2012 08:42pm

I've read with interest on here prior to collecting the car the comments regarding, rear camera, slow touch screen, quirky nav, etc.

Well the rear camera seems to come on immediately, I've played around with radio, DAB, ipod and all work as I would expect, and finally I've just put in the address of the Detailer for tomorrow and it all operated fine, now unless I'm missing something this system is AOK.

Or perhaps LR have updated the software/electronic etc.

RE: Maybe I'm missing something. - LDT - 01-05-2012 08:45pm

I agree Andrew, all seems to be fine with mine. My only issue is with copying CD's - the function will not work (although it did previously). I need to take it to the dealership but for such a minor hiccup it is not a priority and all being well I will probably wait until the first service.

RE: Maybe I'm missing something. - XFullFatTim - 01-05-2012 09:35pm

Evo, it seems that recently built Evoques have a much faster operation of the reversing cam, regarding the satnav I've had no problems with it in mine, some seem to think it is dim witted, but it is no worse/ better than the systems I've had in my other Land Rover cars

RE: Maybe I'm missing something. - PhilSkill - 01-05-2012 10:08pm

Interestingly (maybe) in trying to be really quick to unlock/switch on/start and select reverse to time the speed it comes on, I've found if I can select reverse and move before the screen has completed loading, finding audio/phone etc, it will never put the reverse camera up until I move forward and then re-select reverse! weird...

RE: Maybe I'm missing something. - SiT - 01-05-2012 10:26pm

If its any interest mine is around 27th Feb 2012 build and its quite responsive in switching to reverse and showing the camera. Agree regarding CD upload, that is frankly tosh. Apart from the initial screen press/response from first startup its pretty good.

RE: Maybe I'm missing something. - cjfp - 01-05-2012 10:57pm

(01-05-2012 08:42pm)Evo-king Wrote:  I've read with interest on here prior to collecting the car the comments regarding, rear camera, slow touch screen, quirky nav, etc.

Well the rear camera seems to come on immediately, I've played around with radio, DAB, ipod and all work as I would expect, and finally I've just put in the address of the Detailer for tomorrow and it all operated fine, now unless I'm missing something this system is AOK.

Or perhaps LR have updated the software/electronic etc.

All great, but have you noticed your mpg! Laughing

RE: Maybe I'm missing something. - arrivalanche - 02-05-2012 06:18am

I got mine in november and its really slow to switch over. If i do it quick, sometimes it never turns on at all.

RE: Maybe I'm missing something. - Evo-king - 02-05-2012 12:43pm

(01-05-2012 10:57pm)cjfp Wrote:  All great, but have you noticed your mpg! Laughing

That's because this numpty didn't understand the question re filling up.

The car had 50 miles on the clock when I filled it up on sunday £40 some 5+ gallons.

Then I entered 50 miles plus the gallons added, hence the stupid figure and now I can't edit it, any ideas.

I presume in future I will enter miles completed and then fuel added with should give a true reading I hope.

RE: Maybe I'm missing something. - PhilSkill - 02-05-2012 02:01pm

(02-05-2012 12:43pm)Evo-king Wrote:  That's because this numpty didn't understand the question re filling up.

The car had 50 miles on the clock when I filled it up on sunday £40 some 5+ gallons.

Then I entered 50 miles plus the gallons added, hence the stupid figure and now I can't edit it, any ideas.

I presume in future I will enter miles completed and then fuel added with should give a true reading I hope.

You can choose between odometer or trip entry, either you enter your total mileage in odometer (easiest) or you enter the trip mileage, you should also always fill up each time.

I thought you could edit individual entries although I haven't needed to Ner Ner Laughing

RE: Maybe I'm missing something. - Evo-king - 02-05-2012 02:38pm

Phil.

Sorted, thanks to Captain Tim.