babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Ed4 part leather only interior ???? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Ed4 part leather only interior ???? (/Thread-Ed4-part-leather-only-interior)

Pages: 1 2

Ed4 part leather only interior ???? - Jonathon555 - 25-04-2012 09:58pm

Just been reading this auto express review , it says ed4 part leather only.

I thought full leather was standard or has it changed ?

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/firstdrives/280804/range_rover_evoque_2wd.html

I am now also worried about the halogen headlights, it says there poor

RE: Ed4 part leather only interior ???? - paul_s - 25-04-2012 10:04pm

My eD4 has full leather seats, that came as standard.
The lights are also fine, just as good as my last car.

RE: Ed4 part leather only interior ???? - Jonathon555 - 25-04-2012 10:09pm

(25-04-2012 10:04pm)paul_s Wrote:  My eD4 has full leather seats, that came as standard.
The lights are also fine, just as good as my last car.

WTF ??? Are auto express writing about

They must be idiots

RE: Ed4 part leather only interior ???? - XFullFatTim - 25-04-2012 10:16pm

AE many have one of the launch fleet cars, they all had weird specifications that didn't match up to anything that went into production

RE: Ed4 part leather only interior ???? - Straydox - 25-04-2012 10:22pm

Looks gorgeous in Mauritius Blue too!

I like the half leather - its probably Alcantara a synthetic suede which is nicer to sit on in hot weather than full leather, I wonder if that will be a 2013 option?

Halogen headlamps vs Xenon - its one of those things that once experienced you can't go back, most pre-focussed/fish eye halogen headlamp set ups are, bluntly, very poor. In the RRE's case you don't get the 'signature' headlamp DRLs on the halogens either - it's an absolute must have. If I were you I'd ditch the privacy glass (you can always get it done later) and the auto lights/wipers and get the Xenons, you will regret it otherwise.

RE: Ed4 part leather only interior ???? - Jonathon555 - 25-04-2012 10:22pm

(25-04-2012 10:16pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  AE many have one of the launch fleet cars, they all had weird specifications that didn't match up to anything that went into production

You would have expected a motor journalist to at least read the brochure for the car. Before writing a misleading review.

RE: Ed4 part leather only interior ???? - Straydox - 25-04-2012 10:27pm

(25-04-2012 10:22pm)Jonathon555 Wrote:  You would have expected a motor journalist to at least read the brochure for the car. Before writing a misleading review.

And use the right photos as that has 19" Style 4s, 18"...

RE: Ed4 part leather only interior ???? - tash - 25-04-2012 10:29pm

Mine has full leather and not an option

RE: Ed4 part leather only interior ???? - XFullFatTim - 25-04-2012 10:35pm

In the comments at the bottom of the AE article there are 5 comments posted and AE has replied to the one about half leather stating that the car does come with half leather, but the configurator (and I appreciate the LR "build you car" thingy isn't always 100% correct!) doesn't mention half leather on an eD4 Pure if you try to spec one, half leather isn't even an option, all Evoques to UK spec get full leather seat facings.

RE: Ed4 part leather only interior ???? - Kimv - 26-04-2012 07:22am

In Belgium every Pure model (eD4 or not) comes standard with part leather iirc. Full leather is option.