babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
suspension - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: suspension (/Thread-suspension)

suspension - zambiaman - 24-04-2012 07:55am

Hi all,

I have a query which might not be an issue but might as well ask and see. When ever I enter my parking or go over uneven terrain I can hear the suspension making a weird noise as if its brand spanking new and sort of squeeks etc. Is this normal?Confused

RE: suspension - XFullFatTim - 24-04-2012 09:14am

No, get your dealer to look at it. The suspension should be silent but there have been similar comments from a couple of other members. Are you sure it is the suspension and not the seats?

RE: suspension - zambiaman - 24-04-2012 09:55am

Yes, positive its not the seats. The sound is coming from the suspension as I enter my parking when one wheel raises first before the other

RE: suspension - zambiaman - 01-05-2012 05:27pm

I got a reply from the dealer in Cyprus and they said it's normal due to the adaptive dynamics which are on the car. Can anyone verify this ? Still not a satisfactory answer for me

RE: suspension - PhilSkill - 01-05-2012 05:33pm

No AD doesn't squeak, it silent as it's simply an electrical current around the dampers, no moving parts.

I go over a very fierce speed hump some days and get a small knock if I go a little fast but think that is the wheels dropping back down ontop the road as noticed it in other cars too,

Otherwise silent.

RE: suspension - zambiaman - 03-05-2012 12:28pm

Thanks for the reply PhilSkill,

I have to look into this issue further