babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Wanted: 20" Chrome Shadow wheel - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Marketplace (/Forum-Marketplace)
+--- Forum: For Sale & Wanted (/Forum-For-Sale-Wanted)
+--- Thread: Wanted: 20" Chrome Shadow wheel (/Thread-Wanted-20-Chrome-Shadow-wheel)

20" Chrome Shadow wheel - tetstb - 23-04-2012 07:07pm

My Mrs had an argument with a roundabout the other day and lost. I need a new wheel so looking for a 20" Chrome Shadow if anyone has one.

RE: 20" Chrome Shadow wheel - Kimv - 23-04-2012 07:10pm

Was it a very big fight? Is it not repairable? I ask because I ordered the same and I hope I won't be obliged to replace after every little quarrel...

RE: 20" Chrome Shadow wheel - XFullFatTim - 23-04-2012 07:16pm

Kimv, the problem is matching the repaired wheel with the rest of them - often all 4 have to be treated for shadow chrome unfortunately, or if you are a cheapskate then minimum is the two on the same side........

RE: 20" Chrome Shadow wheel - tetstb - 23-04-2012 07:24pm

I was hoping to repair it but a guy I know who did 2 of my A6 wheels said pretty much what Tim said and that he would be better taking them back to a single shade and do all 4. I think I'll bite the bullet and replace it although I am tempted to have them all done black, not 100% sure yet but I'd like to see an OG 5dr with black wheels in the flesh before I decide.

Its about a 3" scrape along the edge of the rim and although its not that bad, I know it's there and my eye is drawn to it every time I walk past it.

Mrs says it will look daft with black wheels and she has a far better sense of style than I do !

RE: 20" Chrome Shadow wheel - XFullFatTim - 23-04-2012 07:27pm

IMHO, the Mrs could be right........................... black wheels show road dirt very easily too. Buying one wheel will possibly be less than having shadows refurbed - you will also loose the use of the car for the time they are being redone too unless you have a second set of wheels or a 20" spare to fit. WhistleWhistle