babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Whas is the Service Interval (SI4)? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Whas is the Service Interval (SI4)? (/Thread-Whas-is-the-Service-Interval-SI4)

Pages: 1 2

Whas is the Service Interval (SI4)? - Bruno787 - 21-04-2012 11:43pm

As i am awaiting the arrival of my Evoque this June, What is the Service Interval for the Si4????

RE: Whas is the Service Interval (SI4)? - Biker - 22-04-2012 01:34am

That might just be country dependant.

RE: Whas is the Service Interval (SI4)? - Bruno787 - 23-04-2012 01:14pm

so what is the general service interval? is it 1 year or xx miles?

Bmw is 2yrs or xx miles, whereas mercedes is 1yr or xx miles. This is gonna be my first LR product, so no idea about maintenance/servicing.

RE: Whas is the Service Interval (SI4)? - speary - 23-04-2012 01:21pm

SD4 is 16000 miles or 1 year
Whats with the 1 year stuff, if its 16000 miles its 16000 miles. sounds like a revenue generator to me
My last audis were based on variable service intervals determined by how the car was driven. I used to get about 18000 in my A5 and if that took 18 months then thats when it got the service.
What if you have only done 5000 mile in 12 months, to force a service would be rediculous given the technical ability of modern oils of which LR specify the best.
Perhaps somebody from LR would like to explain why the 12 months regardless of miles

RE: Whas is the Service Interval (SI4)? - XFullFatTim - 23-04-2012 01:30pm

Land Rover do not now use variable service intervals (the early L322 FFRR's used the BMW service monitor but it wasn't much good for an off road car), depending on market the service interval is 16000 miles OR 12 months whichever comes first - if you only do 5000 miles in 12 months then you are doing more harm to the car than one that does 16000. The reason is that your Land Rover is designed to be used in ways that Audi's are not supposed or cannot be used so the heavier use and abuse they are designed to take requires more frequent servicing. My Defender requires a service every 6 months/ 6000 miles but when you read the manual you find that the intermediate services are lubrication services and not mechanical services - it ensures that all the 4WD stuff gets looked after and will work when you want it to.
For those who don't want to do 16000/ 12 monthly servicing then you will invalidate your warranty if you don't have the car serviced within IIRC 8 weeks of the service indicator coming on.
Recently in the UAE I was amazed that the rental Audi I had there needs a service every 5000 miles, just like a the Nissan Pathfinder I had the use of

RE: Whas is the Service Interval (SI4)? - Biker - 23-04-2012 11:55pm

I know Nissan in Australia requires a 6 month or 10 000km service. This is not what Nissan does in other countries for the same product.
The excuse for this is that the oil deteriorates and hence the 6 month service interval. Cough *BS* Cough!
Once my warranty is out, I'm doing the annual service or 20 000km. Oh wait, I'm going to get an Evoque Wink

RE: Whas is the Service Interval (SI4)? - speary - 24-04-2012 08:23am

(23-04-2012 01:30pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Land Rover do not now use variable service intervals (the early L322 FFRR's used the BMW service monitor but it wasn't much good for an off road car), depending on market the service interval is 16000 miles OR 12 months whichever comes first - if you only do 5000 miles in 12 months then you are doing more harm to the car than one that does 16000. The reason is that your Land Rover is designed to be used in ways that Audi's are not supposed or cannot be used so the heavier use and abuse they are designed to take requires more frequent servicing. My Defender requires a service every 6 months/ 6000 miles but when you read the manual you find that the intermediate services are lubrication services and not mechanical services - it ensures that all the 4WD stuff gets looked after and will work when you want it to.
For those who don't want to do 16000/ 12 monthly servicing then you will invalidate your warranty if you don't have the car serviced within IIRC 8 weeks of the service indicator coming on.
Recently in the UAE I was amazed that the rental Audi I had there needs a service every 5000 miles, just like a the Nissan Pathfinder I had the use of

I understand where you are coming from re doing only a few miles, but lets be realistic, most Range Rovers are never off roaded and if they are it will only be gentle stuff and most Evoques will not be used any differently to an Audi Q5 /Q3. Also the average mileage covered in the UK is 10,000 per year so there will be a minority that actually need to have a service at 12 months/16,000 miles. the fact is that with modern engineering (not the defender) and lubricants all Range Rovers would be capable of doing 16,000 miles between services in the UK environment.
On a side note, how much is a service on an Evoque SD4 ?

RE: Whas is the Service Interval (SI4)? - slee18 - 04-06-2012 03:22am

I do a lot of stop and go traffic, is it a good idea to take it in at 7,500 miles? I did that normally with all of my other cars because they all used synthetic oil. It was 3,000 with conventional oil

RE: Whas is the Service Interval (SI4)? - mark_n - 04-06-2012 04:58pm

I odn't think you need to do that for one minute. Maybe if you live in Death Valley where conditions are aduous but for normal road usae, it simply is not required and a completely pointless exercise if you go to "Jiffy-Lube" or some such and use inferior products. Much better to just to stick to the LR schedule; keep in mind too that (in theory at least) they are casting an experienced eye over the car to check for anything amiss.

RE: Whas is the Service Interval (SI4)? - rchrdleigh - 04-06-2012 06:33pm

If you don't have it serviced in accordance with the schedule laid down by LR you run the risk of them refusing to pay out on any warranty claims.