babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Letter from Stratstone Nottingham - 11 5door evoques immediate delivery - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Letter from Stratstone Nottingham - 11 5door evoques immediate delivery (/Thread-Letter-from-Stratstone-Nottingham-11-5door-evoques-immediate-delivery)

Letter from Stratstone Nottingham - 11 5door evoques immediate delivery - dancphillips - 21-04-2012 12:09pm

Just a heads up, I've had a letter from Stratstone Nottingham today informing me that they have arranged to take delivery of 11 ex-management 5 door Evoques for immediate delivery. They will go on sale 9 am Tuesday.

Gutted as I only placed my order with my leasing company last week!

Probably worth giving them a call now if interested.

Dan

RE: Letter from Stratstone Nottingham - 11 5door evoques immediate delivery - XFullFatTim - 21-04-2012 12:20pm

Remember that these are ex management cars, they are not new ones, could have up to 5,000 miles and may have strange specs. The dealer will have bought these at a closed auction and may try to charge inflated prices for them to people who are not savvy that these are in fact FLEET used cars, OK so they will be ex LR management and probably well looked after, but they are still used cars and not worth paying any mark-up whatsoever for. One thing for sure the dealer won't have paid any extra to get them!

RE: Letter from Stratstone Nottingham - 11 5door evoques immediate delivery - ED209 - 21-04-2012 12:27pm

Is there a chance these might be ex press cars??? or demo cars? that have been abused a bit

RE: Letter from Stratstone Nottingham - 11 5door evoques immediate delivery - XFullFatTim - 21-04-2012 12:30pm

They are usually cars that managers at LR get as a company car, they could be ex-press fleet cars but they won't be the launch batch with truly weird specifications. They will not have been abused, although beware of silver cars as they are the ones that go to the LRE's!

RE: Letter from Stratstone Nottingham - 11 5door evoques immediate delivery - Claud - 21-04-2012 04:07pm

(21-04-2012 12:30pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  They are usually cars that managers at LR get as a company car, they could be ex-press fleet cars but they won't be the launch batch with truly weird specifications. They will not have been abused, although beware of silver cars as they are the ones that go to the LRE's!

Good advice Tim, the local garage has had an ex LRE RR Sport in for replacement engine, two crankshaft bearings distributed themselves round the engine at 86k miles. It is a £11k body off job, the owners after market warranty only covered for £3k mechanical failureBig Cry

RE: Letter from Stratstone Nottingham - 11 5door evoques immediate delivery - XFullFatTim - 21-04-2012 05:32pm

maybe I should have used slightly better wording about the silver cars, they MIGHT have been LRE cars rather will have been!

RE: Letter from Stratstone Nottingham - 11 5door evoques immediate delivery - rchrdleigh - 22-04-2012 05:45pm

(21-04-2012 04:07pm)Claud Wrote:  Good advice Tim, the local garage has had an ex LRE RR Sport in for replacement engine, two crankshaft bearings distributed themselves round the engine at 86k miles. It is a £11k body off job, the owners after market warranty only covered for £3k mechanical failureBig Cry

It would have left the LRE fleet with between 5 and 10k miles so you can hardly blame a failure at 86k miles on it being an LRE vehicle.

RE: Letter from Stratstone Nottingham - 11 5door evoques immediate delivery - WB - 26-04-2012 03:02pm

They are probably evoque unleashed cars which I was told would be auctioned to dealerships INCLUDING the stornoway ones!!