babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
The lowest spec'd Evoque on babyrr.com?? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: My Range Rover Evoque (/Forum-My-Range-Rover-Evoque)
+--- Thread: The lowest spec'd Evoque on babyrr.com?? (/Thread-The-lowest-spec-d-Evoque-on-babyrr-com)

Pages: 1 2

The lowest spec'd Evoque on babyrr.com?? - alfa_gis - 20-04-2012 05:50pm

After ordering in September my Evoque has finally been built and I've been given a delivery date of next Thursday. I'm wondering if it will be the most basic Evoque on the road in the UK when it arrives. It's a company lease and my budget would not stretch beyond a 5 door eD4, in fuji, with fogs, and auto lights/wipers. However the way I look at it is it's probably one of the best value Evoques on the road too. I think the kit we get as standard here in the UK is pretty impressive, I'm particularly looking forward to being able to hear "Test Match Special" on DAB, no more LW radio and interruptions for the shipping forecast.

The other good news is I've checked Topix and it's coming with Pirelli not continental tyres. W-hoo. I've had continental Sport contact 2s on my Alfa Romeo 159 recently and I think the road noise from them is much worse than the pirellis I had before.

Will miss the Alfa 159 loads, but after 3 years it's time for a change and the Evoque is one of the few cars on the road that can come close to matching it for those indefinable qualities of soul and charisma.

RE: The lowest spec'd Evoque on babyrr.com?? - Daigriff - 20-04-2012 06:12pm

There's no such thing as a basic EvoqueSmile

Really glad you got your front fogs, essential for the looks IMHO.

It'll still be a head turner so enjoy Smile

The lowest spec'd Evoque on babyrr.com?? - ceebee - 20-04-2012 06:49pm

Agree with Diagriff, there isn't really a "base" Evoque as such as the lowest spec is still really good.

On another note, very few Non- Evoque people on the street would know the difference in looks between an ED4 pure and a SD4 prestige other than the badge (no offence to the prestige's) so you can sit back and relish the admiring glances and the "your cars wicked- I bet it cost over 40 grand" comments you will receive.

An Evoque is an Evoque, so just enjoy it when it arrives.

RE: The lowest spec'd Evoque on babyrr.com?? - Evoque U - 21-04-2012 08:40am

congrats alfa_gis on your great choice in vehicle.

RE: The lowest spec'd Evoque on babyrr.com?? - jos - 21-04-2012 11:19am

i got only the techpack and the pano-roof on my pure-eD4-coup
(because you had to take the techpack to have the pano
till 31-12-'11 in the netherlands) >>> it's enough !, just the looks is all i want

RE: The lowest spec'd Evoque on babyrr.com?? - ED209 - 21-04-2012 02:10pm

Same spec as me apart from mine is a td4. (oh i specced a spare wheel too)

Pure is definetly where the value is.

Spend another 15-20k on a high spec car and there certainly not 15-20k more of a car!

RE: The lowest spec'd Evoque on babyrr.com?? - Evo-king - 22-04-2012 04:01pm

(20-04-2012 05:50pm)alfa_gis Wrote:  After ordering in September my Evoque has finally been built and I've been given a delivery date of next Thursday. I'm wondering if it will be the most basic Evoque on the road in the UK when it arrives. It's a company lease and my budget would not stretch beyond a 5 door eD4, in fuji, with fogs, and auto lights/wipers. However the way I look at it is it's probably one of the best value Evoques on the road too. I think the kit we get as standard here in the UK is pretty impressive, I'm particularly looking forward to being able to hear "Test Match Special" on DAB, no more LW radio and interruptions for the shipping forecast.

The other good news is I've checked Topix and it's coming with Pirelli not continental tyres. W-hoo. I've had continental Sport contact 2s on my Alfa Romeo 159 recently and I think the road noise from them is much worse than the pirellis I had before.

Will miss the Alfa 159 loads, but after 3 years it's time for a change and the Evoque is one of the few cars on the road that can come close to matching it for those indefinable qualities of soul and charisma.

alfa_gis

Aren't you the lucky one, mine has Continentals, although I'm already looking at Vredestien Sessantas as a replacement option.

Don't worry too much about the spec as you have little control over that. Which would you really prefer, driving an Evoque or some other manufacturers motor.

I hope you enjoy it, and at least you be rewarded with better fuel economy than others on here.

RE: The lowest spec'd Evoque on babyrr.com?? - FujiSan - 22-04-2012 06:56pm

I thought mine was pretty basic and probably not entirely coincidentally, it is also a company lease, so I got screwed down pretty hard on price/spec too.

Pure TD4, fuji white, cirrus interior, sunroof (essential, I thought), auto lights/wipers. After that nothing left for anything else. But I'm happy - will be much happier when it arrives though!

RE: The lowest spec'd Evoque on babyrr.com?? - ytshome - 22-04-2012 10:58pm

I agree with the posters that say the Pure is where the value is. Unless you own one you'd be hard pressed to spot a pure from a prestige and let's be fair, the base spec is still hardly slumming it.

If I picked again, it would still be one of the two top models but genuinely If cost was a bigger priority I wouldn't feel like the poor relation in a Pure.

RE: The lowest spec'd Evoque on babyrr.com?? - David Cameron - 23-04-2012 08:38am

Spot on!