Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The lowest spec'd Evoque on babyrr.com??
alfa_gis

After ordering in September my Evoque has finally been built and I've been given a delivery date of next Thursday. I'm wondering if it will be the most basic Evoque on the road in the UK when it arrives. It's a company lease and my budget would not stretch beyond a 5 door eD4, in fuji, with fogs, and auto lights/wipers. However the way I look at it is it's probably one of the best value Evoques on the road too. I think the kit we get as standard here in the UK is pretty impressive, I'm particularly looking forward to being able to hear "Test Match Special" on DAB, no more LW radio and interruptions for the shipping forecast.

The other good news is I've checked Topix and it's coming with Pirelli not continental tyres. W-hoo. I've had continental Sport contact 2s on my Alfa Romeo 159 recently and I think the road noise from them is much worse than the pirellis I had before.

Will miss the Alfa 159 loads, but after 3 years it's time for a change and the Evoque is one of the few cars on the road that can come close to matching it for those indefinable qualities of soul and charisma.

Current Car - Alfa Romeo 159 SportWagon
On order Evoque eD4 Pure - Fuji White - Fog Lights - Auto Lights & Wipers - Almond / Expresso
Possibly the lowest spec Evoque on the forum?
(This post was last modified: 20-04-2012 08:12pm by alfa_gis.)
20-04-2012 05:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Daigriff

RE: The lowest spec'd Evoque on babyrr.com??

There's no such thing as a basic EvoqueSmile

Really glad you got your front fogs, essential for the looks IMHO.

It'll still be a head turner so enjoy Smile

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
20-04-2012 06:12pm
ceebee

Agree with Diagriff, there isn't really a "base" Evoque as such as the lowest spec is still really good.

On another note, very few Non- Evoque people on the street would know the difference in looks between an ED4 pure and a SD4 prestige other than the badge (no offence to the prestige's) so you can sit back and relish the admiring glances and the "your cars wicked- I bet it cost over 40 grand" comments you will receive.

An Evoque is an Evoque, so just enjoy it when it arrives.

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
20-04-2012 06:49pm
Evoque U

congrats alfa_gis on your great choice in vehicle.

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
21-04-2012 08:40am
jos

i got only the techpack and the pano-roof on my pure-eD4-coup
(because you had to take the techpack to have the pano
till 31-12-'11 in the netherlands) >>> it's enough !, just the looks is all i want

ORDER16-09/2011>DEL; 27-01/2012

eD4-PURE fuji /black int./coup
pano-roof/techPACK > done !;painted wheels
3cm lowering/2cm spacers ; ROOFwrap
already > 52.000 km drive ; average;1lit/14km
ré-painted bumperparts and mirrors

4 y.TT mk1
2 y.MINIc-S
4 y.TT mk2
1 yr mini CM;
so i fit exactly in de evoque-profile...
2015 > TTmk3......?
21-04-2012 11:19am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

Same spec as me apart from mine is a td4. (oh i specced a spare wheel too)

Pure is definetly where the value is.

Spend another 15-20k on a high spec car and there certainly not 15-20k more of a car!

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
21-04-2012 02:10pm
Evo-king

(20-04-2012 05:50pm)alfa_gis Wrote:  After ordering in September my Evoque has finally been built and I've been given a delivery date of next Thursday. I'm wondering if it will be the most basic Evoque on the road in the UK when it arrives. It's a company lease and my budget would not stretch beyond a 5 door eD4, in fuji, with fogs, and auto lights/wipers. However the way I look at it is it's probably one of the best value Evoques on the road too. I think the kit we get as standard here in the UK is pretty impressive, I'm particularly looking forward to being able to hear "Test Match Special" on DAB, no more LW radio and interruptions for the shipping forecast.

The other good news is I've checked Topix and it's coming with Pirelli not continental tyres. W-hoo. I've had continental Sport contact 2s on my Alfa Romeo 159 recently and I think the road noise from them is much worse than the pirellis I had before.

Will miss the Alfa 159 loads, but after 3 years it's time for a change and the Evoque is one of the few cars on the road that can come close to matching it for those indefinable qualities of soul and charisma.

alfa_gis

Aren't you the lucky one, mine has Continentals, although I'm already looking at Vredestien Sessantas as a replacement option.

Don't worry too much about the spec as you have little control over that. Which would you really prefer, driving an Evoque or some other manufacturers motor.

I hope you enjoy it, and at least you be rewarded with better fuel economy than others on here.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
22-04-2012 04:01pm
FujiSan

I thought mine was pretty basic and probably not entirely coincidentally, it is also a company lease, so I got screwed down pretty hard on price/spec too.

Pure TD4, fuji white, cirrus interior, sunroof (essential, I thought), auto lights/wipers. After that nothing left for anything else. But I'm happy - will be much happier when it arrives though!

TD4 Pure - Now a rare breed...

[Image: 131166.png]
(This post was last modified: 22-04-2012 06:57pm by FujiSan.)
22-04-2012 06:56pm
ytshome

I agree with the posters that say the Pure is where the value is. Unless you own one you'd be hard pressed to spot a pure from a prestige and let's be fair, the base spec is still hardly slumming it.

If I picked again, it would still be one of the two top models but genuinely If cost was a bigger priority I wouldn't feel like the poor relation in a Pure.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
22-04-2012 10:58pm
David Cameron

Spot on!
23-04-2012 08:38am