babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Does Evoque have a diesel powered engine heater? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Does Evoque have a diesel powered engine heater? (/Thread-Does-Evoque-have-a-diesel-powered-engine-heater)

Does Evoque have a diesel powered engine heater? - XFullFatTim - 20-04-2012 10:43am

Normally folks ask me this sort of question but over on another forum (not an RRE forum) there is a posting about wanting to fit a timed cycle remote control so somebody can preheat their Evoque and also their RRS using the same system.

As far as I know the Evoque doesn't have a diesel powered engine heater and the cabin heater is an electric PTC system using a ceramic element fan heater similar to the portable ones you can buy for in your house. In some markets there is a diesel powered engine block heater (Scandinavia winter pack) but it is not, as far as I am aware, available for UK spec cars. I know Pete Bell was working on a system for Evoque but with summer approaching it's probably taken a back seat to other developments he is working on.

Certainly looking under the bonnet I don't see the usual bits that I have had on both my RRS's, both the FFRR's and the Freelander1 that would indicate there is one.

RE: Does Evoque have a diesel powered engine heater? - Donny Dog - 20-04-2012 10:59am

(20-04-2012 10:43am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Normally folks ask me this sort of question but over on another forum (not an RRE forum) there is a posting about wanting to fit a timed cycle remote control so somebody can preheat their Evoque and also their RRS using the same system.

As far as I know the Evoque doesn't have a diesel powered engine heater and the cabin heater is an electric PTC system using a ceramic element fan heater similar to the portable ones you can buy for in your house. In some markets there is a diesel powered engine block heater (Scandinavia winter pack) but it is not, as far as I am aware, available for UK spec cars. I know Pete Bell was working on a system for Evoque but with summer approaching it's probably taken a back seat to other developments he is working on.

Certainly looking under the bonnet I don't see the usual bits that I have had on both my RRS's, both the FFRR's and the Freelander1 that would indicate there is one.

Apparently the space that the overseas-fit diesel heater takes up is occupied by the right hand drive of the UK Evoque.