babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Has anyone converted non-illumanted tread plates to illumanted tread plates? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Has anyone converted non-illumanted tread plates to illumanted tread plates? (/Thread-Has-anyone-converted-non-illumanted-tread-plates-to-illumanted-tread-plates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Has anyone converted non-illumanted tread plates to illumanted tread plates? - slee18 - 10-04-2012 07:21pm

I was curious if anyone here has replaced the non-illuminated tread plates for the illuminated tread plates. I have a prestige and would like to have that on there.

My Lexus IS250 had the wiring so all i had to do was pop off the old ones and pop in the illuminated ones. I wasnt sure if i had the wiring there. I looked at Topix but my credit card wouldnt go through because they think its a scam website. Sad

Any help is well appreciated!

RE: Has anyone converted non-illumanted tread plates to illumanted tread plates? - XFullFatTim - 10-04-2012 07:36pm

They are a dealer fit accessory over this side of the pond so it cannot be too difficult.

Has anyone converted non-illumanted tread plates to illumanted tread plates? - edgedata - 10-04-2012 07:43pm

Fitting instructions are on Topix.
The wiring is all there so yes you can just buy the illuminated ones and replace your existing.

http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/content/document/view?groupId=185&id=165360

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Has anyone converted non-illumanted tread plates to illumanted tread plates? - slee18 - 10-04-2012 07:43pm

thats what i am guessing never know with the US specs THanks Tim!
Sweet Thank edge i am gonna order them and replace them!!!

RE: Has anyone converted non-illumanted tread plates to illumanted tread plates? - pugracer - 11-04-2012 05:19pm

I did. Easy job. Looks really nice at night.

RE: Has anyone converted non-illumanted tread plates to illumanted tread plates? - mark_n - 12-04-2012 03:27am

New word to me "illumanted"...

Important to know they are only visible in the dark, the light they give off is very limited.

RE: Has anyone converted non-illumanted tread plates to illumanted tread plates? - cjfp - 28-04-2012 06:52pm

Does anyone know if these tread plates only shine blue or would it be easy to make them shine another colour?
Thx

Has anyone converted non-illumanted tread plates to illumanted tread plates? - Kimv - 28-04-2012 07:06pm

(12-04-2012 03:27am)mark_n Wrote:  New word to me "illumanted"...

Important to know they are only visible in the dark, the light they give off is very limited.

Are they electrically illuminated or just phosphorescent?

RE: Has anyone converted non-illumanted tread plates to illumanted tread plates? - cjfp - 28-04-2012 07:21pm

Electrically

RE: Has anyone converted non-illumanted tread plates to illumanted tread plates? - J77 - 28-04-2012 07:22pm

(28-04-2012 06:52pm)cjfp Wrote:  Does anyone know if these tread plates only shine blue or would it be easy to make them shine another colour?
Thx

I enquired about these and the parts manager asked what colour, naturally I said ebony and he said no what colour of light do you wan't. Didn't ask what colours you can get as the £390 price tag (with discount) put me off. Although to be fair he did say if I wanted them he could probably knock a bit more off.