babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Recommendation - Tyre Pressure Gauge/Inflator - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Recommendation - Tyre Pressure Gauge/Inflator (/Thread-Recommendation-Tyre-Pressure-Gauge-Inflator)

Pages: 1 2

Recommendation - Tyre Pressure Gauge/Inflator - LDT - 06-04-2012 01:57pm

Would anyone have any recommendations please? I have carried out some research but cannot seem to find any sites with useful product recommendations and costs vary considerably. I wonder if mid range digital options offer better value for money and are just as accurate/reliable.

RE: Recommendation - Tyre Pressure Gauge/Inflator - mark_n - 06-04-2012 03:21pm

I use the circular ones made by Michelin and they are fine, completely sutomatic in operation.

RE: Recommendation - Tyre Pressure Gauge/Inflator - XFullFatTim - 06-04-2012 04:07pm

Don't you have one in the boot of your car, free from Land Rover along with the tyre foam?

I have this little box in the polystyrene section of the well under the floorboards
[Image: file-15.jpg]

[Image: file-14.jpg]

I must admit though I use a Halfords portable compressor and a digital pressure gauge I was given for Christmas about 20 years ago.
Halfords have this at £35 that has automatic cut-off. I have found one problem with the Evoque and in-car power points, only the boot one remains live with the ignition off, the front one shuts off after 10 minutes so you have to be quick with the front tyres as the cable on these compressors usually don't stretch the distance from the boot to the front wheels without a bit of threading the cable between the seats and out of a front window to do both the front tyres

OOOPS, just noticed you have a spare wheel so no free pump LDT!

RE: Recommendation - Tyre Pressure Gauge/Inflator - caroline11000 - 06-04-2012 04:16pm

Yep I had one in my first Evoque along with the foam stuff!

RE: Recommendation - Tyre Pressure Gauge/Inflator - LDT - 06-04-2012 07:45pm

(06-04-2012 04:07pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  OOOPS, just noticed you have a spare wheel so no free pump LDT!

Mad Thanks for the photos Tim. Why oh why was this not included with the spare wheel! Evil

Cheers Mark, I will source one of those.

RE: Recommendation - Tyre Pressure Gauge/Inflator - PhilSkill - 06-04-2012 11:18pm

If you have the spare wheel at least you get a Jack, unlike us with the compressor and gauge!

RE: Recommendation - Tyre Pressure Gauge/Inflator - XFullFatTim - 07-04-2012 01:22am

You don't even get a wheel brace to be able to check the tightness of the wheel nuts if you don't have the spare tyre!

RE: Recommendation - Tyre Pressure Gauge/Inflator - Donny Dog - 07-04-2012 09:15am

(07-04-2012 01:22am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  You don't even get a wheel brace to be able to check the tightness of the wheel nuts if you don't have the spare tyre!

My dealer threw me a jack and wheel brace in, but they are surprisingly cheap anyway (by car spares standards!); you can get the set from Duckworths for £38.50 + VAT.

RE: Recommendation - Tyre Pressure Gauge/Inflator - XFullFatTim - 07-04-2012 10:03am

Thanks for that Donny, I will order a set up from Dan on Tuesday.

RE: Recommendation - Tyre Pressure Gauge/Inflator - Donny Dog - 07-04-2012 10:29am

(07-04-2012 10:03am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Thanks for that Donny, I will order a set up from Dan on Tuesday.

There you go, you can use some of those 'posting points' now!Wink

(It's £38, not £38.50, as well - my mistake - so there's another ten bob saved!Smile)