babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Wind deflector - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Wind deflector (/Thread-Wind-deflector)

Wind deflector - pugracer - 06-04-2012 12:53pm

I am looking for a set of wind deflector for 4-door Evoque. I have been able to find any with google. Have anyone seen it available somewhere?

RE: Wind deflector - XFullFatTim - 06-04-2012 01:07pm

Are these the window air deflectors so you can drive without drafts? Even the UK market leaders are not yet selling Evoque pattern deflectors yet but they do know about Evoque as they mention that Range Rover style deflectors don't fit Evoque! http://www.climairuk.com/

RE: Wind deflector - pugracer - 06-04-2012 04:20pm

Yes, that's what I'm after.

RE: Wind deflector - pugracer - 09-04-2012 05:43am

In need of this dearly! Drizzling + dirty car + open window for car park ticket = dirty water all over my Cirrus door trim! Evil

RE: Wind deflector - Shenley - 06-09-2012 09:56am

Wind deflectors are now available from Climair - front (3773) and rears (4375), and coupe fronts (3772). Had mine for about 4 weeks now. No car, just a garage full of extras............. roof rails, mats, loadspace kit, red gear selector, boot liner........

Sorry about the old post - they have only just been released.

Delivery date brought forward from 15/11/12 to 22/10/12........... honest!

RE: Wind deflector - cjfp - 06-09-2012 02:50pm

there are some on ebay !

RE: Wind deflector - pugracer - 08-09-2012 03:30am

Shenley, thank for the update! I heard the same from Climair a couple weeks ago but didn't have time to post here. I wanted to order it but my wife worries if that will ruin the look. When you get the car and have it installed, would you mind posting a picture? Thanks!

RE: Wind deflector - Shenley - 08-09-2012 06:58am

'Pugracer' my wifes car isn't due until late October, so no pictures until then. I had the Climair deflectors fitted to my old Nissan Navara truck for over 4 years and was very pleased with them. They slot into the window frame so are very discrete, instead of the ones that stick to the frame. Our car will be a coupe so only fronts are required of course. I find the deflectors are useful in two ways, on hot days you can leave the windows slightly open for ventilation when parked, and in our wonderful climate on rainy days again slightly open to stop the inside steaming up - without having to use the aircon. Quality of their product is good and showed no signs of scratches in four years - just washed with a sponge and leathered off, similar to the materials used in headlamps these days (of course I could be proved wrong - I'm not a chemist).

RE: Wind deflector - cjfp - 08-09-2012 07:43am

It's the Climair ones that are on Ebay [with a genric picture] - search "Evoque Wind" - £86 for a F&R, £47 for F only, £43 for R only

RE: Wind deflector - Shenley - 08-09-2012 03:41pm

Mr 'cjfp' and on ebay you pay a premium price too - didn't pay anything near that price direct from climairuk. Phone direct they always do a deal. But our friend is enquiring from Hong Kong, so best to go through climair.de from where they are made/sold. They are even on Amazon.......
Wind deflectors appear to be a must have in Asia, you always see them fitted to imported vehicles from there. Not too popular over here, and I will be honest unless I had my old truck, I would not have fitted them. However having had them they were an item I sought out when my wife wanted an Evoque (Old retired motorcyclist myself)

However, to cross threads....... won't these be illegal under the new MOT that the EU is brewing up??