babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Sat Nav - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: Sat Nav (/Thread-Sat-Nav)

Sat Nav - dux - 02-04-2012 09:28pm

Hi all,

Got my new wheels on saturday and i'm really impressed. Moved up from a Freelander, and its a different planet to be honest. I'm enjoying everything with one exception.

Unless i'm being thick (very possible), plus I have had 3 other family members take a look.

But when you goto the postcode entry on the satnav it want numbers only all the alpha's are blacked out ?

Am i doing something wrong ?

Thank you all for a very informative site, which sold me on purchasing a RRE.

RE: Sat Nav - Donny Dog - 02-04-2012 09:56pm

(02-04-2012 09:28pm)dux Wrote:  Hi all,

Got my new wheels on saturday and i'm really impressed. Moved up from a Freelander, and its a different planet to be honest. I'm enjoying everything with one exception.

Unless i'm being thick (very possible), plus I have had 3 other family members take a look.

But when you goto the postcode entry on the satnav it want numbers only all the alpha's are blacked out ?

Am i doing something wrong ?

Thank you all for a very informative site, which sold me on purchasing a RRE.

It should offer alphabetic options at the start, then switch to numeric after you've entered the requisite number of letters, and so on. It does accept full post codes, I can assure you, unless you have a very specific problem.

RE: Sat Nav - stealthy_singh - 03-04-2012 12:45am

I had this. You need to change the country to GBR (Great Britain). Then it will let you type in normal UK post codes.

RE: Sat Nav - Wired - 03-04-2012 01:18pm

You need to make sure the the "Area searched"is set to the country your destination is in.

If you would like to leave the island and visit Amsterdam, you would first have to change the country to Netherlands or it will not find Amsterdam. You would then also be able to use Dutch Postal codes which are different from UK ones.

If you want to use voice commands to do this your out of luck. It looks like LR forgot to add a way to change the destination country. It seems to be stuck on UK.

RE: Sat Nav - dux - 04-04-2012 09:38pm

thanks guys you were right the area searched set to BEL.

cheers

RE: Sat Nav - XFullFatTim - 04-04-2012 11:26pm

I think they all come set to that, it's the first country on the list isn't it?

RE: Sat Nav - Cedric - 05-04-2012 12:44pm

(04-04-2012 09:38pm)dux Wrote:  thanks guys you were right the area searched set to BEL.

cheers

Shouldn't it be Austria then? Being from Belgium I don't mind the preset Wink

RE: Sat Nav - XFullFatTim - 05-04-2012 04:14pm

Austria is usually OST for it's abbreviation. AUS is Australia!

RE: Sat Nav - doug - 05-04-2012 07:21pm

(04-04-2012 09:38pm)dux Wrote:  thanks guys you were right the area searched set to BEL.

cheers

So are you going to Belgium at the weekend to try out the Sat Nav. Wink