babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Newbie order - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Newbie order (/Thread-Newbie-order)

Pages: 1 2

Newbie order - simonc6875 - 01-04-2012 07:08pm

Hi,

Placed order on Saturday for an evoque after getting an amazing trade in offer for my Discovery 4. Got a 6-7 month wait ( which seams common ) but back in july for final order check and trade in price.

Order so far :

Dynamic - SD4 Manual
Fireanze Red
Contrast Panoramic Roof - Santorini Black
Verve seats
Ebony Morzine headlining
Surround Camera system
Privacy glass

Then add on :

Mud flaps
Load space rubber mat
Quick release tow bar
13 pin type towing electrics

I chose to go for a manual instead of a auto, as from some of the stories I've heard and from experience from my discovery 4. It seams to hang on to the gears too long, i.e. you'll sit at 30 mph or 65 mph and it sounds like it wants too change gear but won't, you have to dab your foot on the accelerator a bit to raise the revs and it changes up. yes the auto is a great box, but can be frustrating at times.

RE: Newbie order - XFullFatTim - 01-04-2012 10:05pm

You have also a paddle shift with the auto to pull that will make it change gear whenever you want, just like a sequential manual

RE: Newbie order - ED209 - 02-04-2012 04:59am

How can you have an amazing trade in price but then need to go back in july for a trade in price?

I would be sceptical,

RE: Newbie order - simonc6875 - 02-04-2012 05:38am

As per the paddle shift : my current disco doesn't have the paddle shift.

The trade in price : not sure if u can find a garage that will guarantee you a trade in price 6-7 months in advance to changing your car. What was amazing was my discovery only lost £1500 from cost new in a year, do I don't suspect it will lose much more between now and July. I've no complaints with that, actually I was totally shocked as it was a good fee thousand more than I expected.

RE: Newbie order - Cedric - 02-04-2012 01:00pm

Get a spare wheel ...

RE: Newbie order - simonc6875 - 02-04-2012 01:17pm

Is that a must get ?

RE: Newbie order - Broadsword1959 - 02-04-2012 02:34pm

(02-04-2012 01:17pm)simonc6875 Wrote:  Is that a must get ?

Simon,

where did you place your order?

Mine is with T & C in Aberdeen (George Mackie) and I am due to collect 19th of this month.

I was wondering if you used the same dealer and how you have found service so far

RE: Newbie order - simonc6875 - 02-04-2012 03:31pm

Broadsword. Yes I did use t & c, and I had George ( large chap ) as a salesman. He sold me the discovery 4 last time got good deal then and seam to be getting a good deal now. Only issue we had was when the wife put it in for its service and t&c. It never got taken in at the time we were told, left the wife hanging about Aberdeen for a few hours longer than she wanted. Apart from that, no problems so far.

RE: Newbie order - XFullFatTim - 02-04-2012 04:11pm

Simon, Disco4 now has the 8 speed auto and paddleshift, for 2012MY.

RE: Newbie order - simonc6875 - 02-04-2012 04:43pm

Xfullfattim, yeah the my12 is paddle shift, mine is a my11. If I'm right the my12 came out July August time ( I think) I got mine march 11