babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
7 day insurance? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: 7 day insurance? (/Thread-7-day-insurance)

Pages: 1 2

7 day insurance? - broady43 - 22-03-2012 11:28pm

My dealer asked me to get insurance certificate as soon as I can so he could tax the car therefore I could collect the car sooner!.I asked him about the dealers 7 day insurance and he said,"oh do you want to use that?".
All the money I am spending and they want the last penny.

RE: 7 day insurance? - ED209 - 22-03-2012 11:49pm

i will probably need to use it, it will give me 7 days to sell my snotter mondeo before i have to switch the policy over. It would stop me having to declare if SORN

RE: 7 day insurance? - The Valeter - 23-03-2012 12:29am

(22-03-2012 11:28pm)broady43 Wrote:  My dealer asked me to get insurance certificate as soon as I can so he could tax the car therefore I could collect the car sooner!.I asked him about the dealers 7 day insurance and he said,"oh do you want to use that?".
All the money I am spending and they want the last penny.

That is with Landrover Insurance whom I am likely to be using in the morning. I have been speaking with them over the last few days & mentioned that to them today. they probably are programmed not to tell you but then I asked lol.
I quibbled the first so called best price & they then knocked a further 10% off, pretty sure I have got the best they can go to as I said throw in the Legal assist (£25) but they did 10% off that!
Still dearer than a couple have quoted me but something says they may serve better!

RE: 7 day insurance? - XFullFatTim - 23-03-2012 10:01am

Land Rover Insurance will give you automatic off road cover as they expect owners might want to go off road, factor that into any other quotes you get and LRI suddens very good value for money, I dobt the Direct Lines/Admirals/Churchills etc will even cover you for off road use.

RE: 7 day insurance? - peet - 23-03-2012 10:50am

My dealership made a point of mentioning the 7 day insurance option. With no prompting from myself.

RE: 7 day insurance? - CSJ - 23-03-2012 10:56am

I took it for the 7 days and it was no problem. It was Aviva, although their quote for the annual policy was very uncompetitive!

RE: 7 day insurance? - Token - 23-03-2012 11:02am

I took the 7 days and then never even spoke to them about insurance.

As a 37 yr old fella with full no claims and no convictions etc over the last 5 years, I am paying just over £600 per year for fully comp, business use, and protected no claims...this is through Admiral multi car. The missus pays £200 for fully comp on her Pug 107 (she is 31 with full no claims etc).

RE: 7 day insurance? - J77 - 23-03-2012 11:15am

I used the 7 day insurance and then they give you a quote, which is absolutely through the roof.

RE: 7 day insurance? - timslim - 23-03-2012 11:19am

Audi offer you 7 days free insurance as standard, surprised LR don't do the same (or at least don't make it public).

Have to say I tried LR insurance to see how much my car would be when due for renewel in June - they were very competitive 200 less than esure.

RE: 7 day insurance? - Sarcastrix - 23-03-2012 11:31am

(23-03-2012 11:19am)timslim Wrote:  surprised LR don't do the same (or at least don't make it public).

It's on the LR website: http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/lr/finance/motor-insurance/insurance/ Click on Motor Insurance.