babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
"In the build process" what does this mean? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: "In the build process" what does this mean? (/Thread-In-the-build-process-what-does-this-mean)

"In the build process" what does this mean? - ED209 - 21-03-2012 07:33pm

I emailed nick@lr this morning seeing as my dealer didnt reply to me. To her credit she replied almost immediately.

she states my car is showing as in the build process. Now last i heard my build date was 27th March. Does this mean my car has actually gone into build? early? or would the computer show it as in the build process for a short while before it was actually built??

hopefully this might mean when i get back from norway next week my car might be waiting for me!!!!!!!

RE: "In the build process" what does this mean? - The Valeter - 21-03-2012 07:55pm

(21-03-2012 07:33pm)ED209 Wrote:  I emailed nick@lr this morning seeing as my dealer didnt reply to me. To her credit she replied almost immediately.

she states my car is showing as in the build process. Now last i heard my build date was 27th March. Does this mean my car has actually gone into build? early? or would the computer show it as in the build process for a short while before it was actually built??

hopefully this might mean when i get back from norway next week my car might be waiting for me!!!!!!!

If it states the build date is the 27th (not was as we arn't there yet lol) then that is when it will be on the line being built.

RE: "In the build process" what does this mean? - ED209 - 21-03-2012 08:03pm

(21-03-2012 07:55pm)The Valeter Wrote:  If it states the build date is the 27th (not was as we arn't there yet lol) then that is when it will be on the line being built.

No i was told the build date was the 27th about a month or more ago. I enquired today to see if this was still the case and i was told that it was in the build process. I would have thought that this would mean it has come forward a bit and is actually being built now?

However given the strangeness of the lr delivery and ordering process I am never 100% sure about anything!

"In the build process" what does this mean? - ceebee - 21-03-2012 08:21pm

I would have thought that if it was "in the build process" then it should physically be on the production line at some stage?.

I could be wrong, but it's looking positive for you ED, maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel now?

Mine was delivered to dealers (same dealer as yours) around 8 or so days from it's build day.

RE: "In the build process" what does this mean? - XFullFatTim - 21-03-2012 08:35pm

It could mean that they are just ordering in all the right parts for your order

RE: "In the build process" what does this mean? - caroline11000 - 21-03-2012 08:42pm

Sounds like it's on the production line, my car took 5 working days to build and I took delivery within a week after Very Happy

RE: "In the build process" what does this mean? - PAT - 21-03-2012 09:14pm

Yip, sounds to me that your car has gone into production early (as in before the 27th) so I'd not be surprised if its ready for next week.

RE: "In the build process" what does this mean? - THEMACS - 21-03-2012 09:21pm

Why don't you call LR Customer services?

I did this and received excellent service, they contacted the dealer to get the exact details and then contacted the factory and got back to me with the build details, and then contacted me once it was started. The guy even give me his direct dial number. Once built they contacted me again and again Monday just gone after we took delivery.

I would have thought it is probably a fair bit down the line and will probably nearing completion so you should have it in a week or so!!