babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
System - Updates? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: System - Updates? (/Thread-System-Updates)

System - Updates? - thomas@ - 07-03-2012 06:30am

Good day everyone.

I was wondering how often Range rover rolls out updates for there system/nav

Have they every updated there system or maps since release?

RE: System - Updates? - cjfp - 07-03-2012 07:40am

Comment from my dealer yesterday when i asked about which software I have and general software updates:-

"I have no idea how to tell which software version you have i'm afraid and I have been told that there are lots of different software within one car. Software upgrades are not carried out during a service as a matter of course unless it is a nationwaide upgrade progremme that will benefit both the customer and the Land Rover"

RE: System - Updates? - caroline11000 - 07-03-2012 10:44am

(07-03-2012 07:40am)cjfp Wrote:  Comment from my dealer yesterday when i asked about which software I have and general software updates:-

"I have no idea how to tell which software version you have i'm afraid and I have been told that there are lots of different software within one car. Software upgrades are not carried out during a service as a matter of course unless it is a nationwaide upgrade progremme that will benefit both the customer and the Land Rover"

That's helpful! Confused

RE: System - Updates? - thomas@ - 11-03-2012 06:30am

Wow..

For a car that has a decent about of tech in it thats a bold statement...

I would of thought they would try and improve the software.. even if its something as small as updating Nav maps i would think there would at least be yearly updates..

I mean look at ford's Sync they constantly get updates..

System - Updates? - 3V0QU3 - 11-03-2012 09:16am

There was a list of software updates on topix but i cant find them now, guess the y have put them somewhere you need to log in for, but there are definitely software and map updates available.

RE: System - Updates? - olde - 13-03-2012 04:48am

Yeah, The List, a might endeavor that you guys should contribute to. PhilSkill is the new CEO The List (chief editor of), AND he's a software guru.

RE: System - Updates? - XFullFatTim - 13-03-2012 06:24pm

(13-03-2012 04:48am)olde Wrote:  AND he's a software guru.

Does that mean that he knows where the on/off switch is then?

RE: System - Updates? - cjfp - 13-03-2012 06:27pm

He doesn't need to - he only needs to be able to tell the user to "switch it off and then back on again"

RE: System - Updates? - PhilSkill - 13-03-2012 10:09pm

(13-03-2012 06:27pm)cjfp Wrote:  He doesn't need to - he only needs to be able to tell the user to "switch it off and then back on again"

That's after I've check they plugged it in... Laughing