babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Rear view - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Rear view (/Thread-Rear-view)

Pages: 1 2

Rear view - Michelle - 06-03-2012 05:31pm

Hello,
I'm about to order my Evoque Very Happy but I'm a bit worried about the rear view. Have any of you found this is a problem?
I was thinking of getting the blind spot monitoring, do you find this useful for those who have it?
Thanks for your replies.

RE: Rear view - Kimv - 06-03-2012 05:34pm

Blind spot monitoring or rear view camera?

RE: Rear view - Donny Dog - 06-03-2012 05:34pm

(06-03-2012 05:31pm)Michelle Wrote:  Hello,
I'm about to order my Evoque Very Happy but I'm a bit worried about the rear view. Have any of you found this is a problem?
I was thinking of getting the blind spot monitoring, do you find this useful for those who have it?
Thanks for your replies.

Just collected a five-door today, and found the rear view a lot better than I expected and no bother in traffic (and I use my rear view mirror a LOT!). I've got blind spot monitoring, but didn't need/notice it. I've got rear-view camera, though, which I think will be essential for reversing, as the view isn't great for that.

RE: Rear view - Michelle - 06-03-2012 05:44pm

Lucky Donny Dog!!!!! how I envy you! Thanks for the answer.

Yes I do mean Blind spot monitoring. Rear view camera is a must I think.

RE: Rear view - Big G - 06-03-2012 06:30pm

(06-03-2012 05:44pm)Michelle Wrote:  Lucky Donny Dog!!!!! how I envy you! Thanks for the answer.

Yes I do mean Blind spot monitoring. Rear view camera is a must I think.

+1 for Rear View camera - really essential IMO.

RE: Rear view - Token - 06-03-2012 06:49pm

Agree that rear camera is a must...many will say you don't need it, but if a dog or small child suddenly ran behond you when reversing, you'd have no chance of seeing them without the camera.

You don't need the blind-spot monitoring, but I must admit I have grown to quite like it.

RE: Rear view - Daigriff - 06-03-2012 07:04pm

Yes reversing camera is very useful but I still use my wing mirrors first then just have a quick look at reversing camera to make sure nothing is there.

Rear visibility is not great but I don't find it a problem.

RE: Rear view - EVO PUNDITT - 06-03-2012 07:12pm

Yes reversing camera a must , you will need it .Not sure about B/S monitoring. But without it has not caused any problems for me.

RE: Rear view - Mag1c_dragon - 06-03-2012 07:53pm

Rarely use my rear window! The big mirror help with rear visibility and I am pretty happy I chose the surround camera Smile I have to stretch to see over the wing mirror sometimes, but haven't felt the need to have blind spot monitoring

RE: Rear view - Claud - 06-03-2012 10:05pm

Blind spot monitoring works wells on the M25 where cars creep up on both sides, it generates an audible alarm as well as a visible sign in the mirror if you attempt a lane manoeuvre with a vehicle close to your tail.

I have never felt the the small screen has hampered on road visibility, but I do appreciate the rear view camera for parking.