babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Incoming Colima Lime Pure..... - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Incoming Colima Lime Pure..... (/Thread-Incoming-Colima-Lime-Pure)

Pages: 1 2

Incoming Colima Lime Pure..... - JonR - 06-03-2012 04:45pm

First time poster but (relatively) long time lurker. Just thought I'd post to say that we had our call yesterday to say that our car which was originally scheduled to be delivered to my dealer on 26th March had actually turned up yesterday and would be ready for collection this Friday. Order was put in on October 22nd so just over 4 months start to finish.

Relatively simple spec as i didn't want to go too bananas in these uncertain times so Colima Lime Pure SD4 Auto, with Pano roof, Privacy glass, tech pack and the powered tailgate - otherwise standard.

My lurks here have shown that the colour seems to be very much an acquired taste for some but after years of silver, black and red cars (discounting one in Dodge Viper GTS Blue), I just fancied something a bit different for once.

Also thanks to various people in various threads that made me a) turn down dealer offered Gap Insurance as they had pointed out how much cheaper it is elsewhere and b) also turn down the Smartguard polishy waxy thing (I'm very much au fait with this kind of thing as you can tell) and have found a detailer in Norfolk who can do it for me instead for less money with (hopefully) a better result.

My next post will probably be in the ICE section as I struggle to work out how to connect an Ipod to the car and control what I'm listening to without crashing through the central reservation with the cable in my teeth.

RE: Incoming Colima Lime Pure..... - MartinP - 06-03-2012 06:47pm

Hello Jon R and welcome. I love the Colima colour and the few I have seen look very good and certainly get noticed. Look forward to seeing your pics when you collect it later this week.

RE: Incoming Colima Lime Pure..... - Bjorntje_be - 06-03-2012 07:37pm

If I weren't limited by budget, I'd gone for the lime as well. Love the colour !!
But a 1500€ surplus wasn't worth it.

RE: Incoming Colima Lime Pure..... - caroline11000 - 06-03-2012 08:44pm

Great news getting the car earlier than expected, look forward to seeing some pictures of the rarer Colima Lime.

RE: Incoming Colima Lime Pure..... - xxxx5 - 06-03-2012 11:43pm

My local dealer has a Colima lime dynamic coupe, it does look good in that specification.

RE: Incoming Colima Lime Pure..... - JonR - 07-03-2012 10:52am

Thanks for the positive responses Smile

I will get pictures and work out how to upload them at the weekend!

RE: Incoming Colima Lime Pure..... - Daglass - 07-03-2012 11:33am

Colima Lime looks fantastic IMO.
good luck with the new car

RE: Incoming Colima Lime Pure..... - JonR - 12-03-2012 10:30am

Car arrived on Saturday! First time I'd seen the lime in the real world rather than pictures and brochures and very pleased with it.

Car came with half a tank of fuel - I've done about 300 miles over the weekend, averaging about 37mpg (better than I was expecting) and so far, all good Smile

EDIT: hmmm, I've clicked to add attachments to show two pictures but when I save the post, nothing appears.... i imagine I'm doing something wrong.

RE: Incoming Colima Lime Pure..... - XFullFatTim - 12-03-2012 07:33pm

The images may be too large for the system. You might need to re-size them

RE: Incoming Colima Lime Pure..... - Westy - 12-03-2012 09:00pm

Hello and welcome

I hope you are as pleased as we all are, have never had so many BMW 3 series, Audi a4, a5 and mercedes c class drivers looking so envious, the evoque has so many characters and the lime is really different.

I really like the colour and with the black contrast the car I am sure looks great.

Look forward to seeing the pictures.

Enjoy the experience Very Happy