babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Would you buy another? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Would you buy another? (/Thread-Would-you-buy-another)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Would you buy another? - Daigriff - 03-03-2012 11:36pm

I've never bought the same car twice and dont think I will change my habit. I love the Evoque and apart from a flat spot at very low speeds have been impresssed so far.

Probably would like a biggger boot but thats not the Evoques fault, and heated rear seats as there are four of us (hyundai provide them in a car a third of the price) but cant think of much else.

A larger Evoque...or the new RRS may beckon if realiability is maintained.

RE: Would you buy another? - mark_n - 04-03-2012 12:06am

I was one of the most vocal complainers when the dates were constantly shifting but now that I have my car, I'm delighted with it. I haven't had a single issue with it. I would certainly buy another but I don't do change for change's sake so there would have to be a reason to do it.

RE: Would you buy another? - lngrn36 - 04-03-2012 12:56am

I'm thinking about buying a five door for the wife!
(03-03-2012 09:14am)tetstb Wrote:  Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have bought the one I have and been so disappointed by early build quality issues. I think it will be a much better car after the next or even next again refresh. I know the key is to
meet emission targets but they need a better gearbox and true RR fans will want a bigger engine.

Im pretty sure they will learn from their mistakes, after all they did with the Disco as it is now a pretty good effort, but they have gone too much for style over substance in the current model.

Sure it is a nicer car than say a Q5 or X3 but the build quality is not as good as my workhorse Honda CRv and for the price , they have to get that sorted.

I've got mine back now after the dealer has had it for a total of 14 days and they have added over 580 miles somehow and for a £44k car that's not acceptable.

I wouldn't buy another LR product at all based on this experience.

How early in the build? I had a horrendous mirror wind noise from a defective seal. Other than that, not one problem and I took delivery in mid December.

RE: Would you buy another? - Thumper - 04-03-2012 01:26am

I would in a heart beat!! I am truly loving this car. This comes from a person who has traded in a 2011 BMW E92 M3 that was fully loaded for the Evoque.

The ride is WAY better, the sound systems is 10 x better than BMW's premium sound system and the electronics are far superior.

So, yes. I would.

RE: Would you buy another? - benzina - 04-03-2012 05:11am

Would i buy another?.....ABSOLUTELY!!!!
These days the word GREAT is all to often used to describe something not really worthy of the word, but this car is a game changer,that appeares to have everything i could want from a car,in a compact design that is simply breathtaking......and i think it is most worthy of the word GREAT!!!

RE: Would you buy another? - Mag1c_dragon - 04-03-2012 08:49am

Glad I am not alone in this thinking. We got more or less 7% forces discount on the car (and would get a discount on an other), plus a years payments, I am hoping we will at least break even and not have to throw any money at it.

Decisions - suppose there is no harm in giving the dealer a ring and seeing what they think!

I noticed on the used we site, that there are not many SD4 Auto Dynamics, not sure if that is a good thing or not? The one that is on there that doesn't have a Lux pack (like mine) is up for sale £3k more than I paid, has a lower spec and a lot more miles. Dare say its a couple of months older too.

I bet LR offer pathetic PX prices though! I suppose if they do I just won't change. Cant really be bothered with the hassle of selling private!

RE: Would you buy another? - j7david - 04-03-2012 12:02pm

I'd buy another, definitely.

I have: SD4 Auto, Dynamic, Fuji, Pano roof, Adaptive Xenon, 19" wheels, Heated steering wheel, Privacy glass.

I'd buy the same again, but add:
- upgraded 825W stereo (the existing one is fine, but I spend a lot of time listening to music in the vehicle),
- auto-dimming rear-view mirror (it's annoying with the tilting manual mirror when the panoramic roof is open, or if child has light on in the back, you just get loads of reflections),
- powered tailgate (the tailgate picks up a HUGE amount of dirt),
- keyless entry (can never figure out where to put the keys after getting in),
- and I'd choose a different colour, maybe Havana. (Love the Fuji ... for the 12 hours after each wash).
(With all those options, I'd actually probably get Lux pack to help residuals).

RE: Would you buy another? - Mag1c_dragon - 04-03-2012 12:12pm

I would add Lux pack this time of rate same reasons.

Have sent an email to the dealer - lets see if they respond!

(04-03-2012 12:02pm)j7david Wrote:  I'd buy another, definitely.

I have: SD4 Auto, Dynamic, Fuji, Pano roof, Adaptive Xenon, 19" wheels, Heated steering wheel, Privacy glass.

I'd buy the same again, but add:
- upgraded 825W stereo (the existing one is fine, but I spend a lot of time listening to music in the vehicle),
- auto-dimming rear-view mirror (it's annoying with the tilting manual mirror when the panoramic roof is open, or if child has light on in the back, you just get loads of reflections),
- powered tailgate (the tailgate picks up a HUGE amount of dirt),
- keyless entry (can never figure out where to put the keys after getting in),
- and I'd choose a different colour, maybe Havana. (Love the Fuji ... for the 12 hours after each wash).
(With all those options, I'd actually probably get Lux pack to help residuals).

RE: Would you buy another? - tetstb - 04-03-2012 01:32pm

I think for me its just too expensive for what it is. I have an SD4 dynamic and by the time I added extras and accessories it was just a touch over £44K and I don't think it is worth that money. The real problem is the engine and gearbox combo, it needs a bigger engine and better gearbox for me so maybe its just the wrong choice.

Now that the rattles are gone and I can enjoy driving it I am happier but I think the new Porsche and revised Q5 will be better cars.

RE: Would you buy another? - Mag1c_dragon - 04-03-2012 01:42pm

Ultimately, I can see us getting a Macan when we replace the RRE eventually. Its just a case of do we have one or 2 Evoque's in the mean time! No doubt they will have their teething niggles in the first year of production too . . .