babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
sirius satellite radio info - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: sirius satellite radio info (/Thread-sirius-satellite-radio-info)

sirius satellite radio info - surface51 - 17-02-2012 05:18am

does anyone know if it's possible to view a song title as part of the overall info on the satellite radio screen without using the info button? in my previous vehicles you could -- but in my evoque i only see:
channel number
channel name (ie: the spectrum)
artist name

unless i push the info button -- where it displays a large black screen with the song title.

any ideas?

RE: sirius satellite radio info - lngrn36 - 17-02-2012 06:16am

I believe you are saying that you see the home screen. There is a big button that reads Radio and under it one that reads Phone. You can turn off returning to Home Screen in the settings menu.

RE: sirius satellite radio info - surface51 - 18-02-2012 05:55am

(17-02-2012 06:16am)lngrn36 Wrote:  I believe you are saying that you see the home screen. There is a big button that reads Radio and under it one that reads Phone. You can turn off returning to Home Screen in the settings menu.

actually, no. that's not the issue.

i've posted 2 pics. the first is my main audio/video screen with satellite radio selected.
you'll see that it displays everything except the title of the song by the artist playing. unless you press the info button. which is the second photo i've posted. i'm not sure why artist and song are both not displaying in the main screen as all of my previous cars did. or for that matter, all other devices such as the aux, iPod, cd etc display both.

is this just the way it is or is there a way to change the display. if so, i sure can't find it.

thanks.

RE: sirius satellite radio info - surface51 - 03-03-2012 06:45pm

(18-02-2012 05:55am)surface51 Wrote:  actually, no. that's not the issue.

i've posted 2 pics. the first is my main audio/video screen with satellite radio selected.
you'll see that it displays everything except the title of the song by the artist playing. unless you press the info button. which is the second photo i've posted. i'm not sure why artist and song are both not displaying in the main screen as all of my previous cars did. or for that matter, all other devices such as the aux, iPod, cd etc display both.

is this just the way it is or is there a way to change the display. if so, i sure can't find it.

thanks.
anyone?...anyone?...bueller?

RE: sirius satellite radio info - AEC - 17-03-2012 09:51pm

I've noticed the same thing. There doesn't seem to be a way to see the artist and song data outside of the info popup screen. My friend has a Range Rover Sport and has the same issue. Perhaps this could be addressed in a software update?

RE: sirius satellite radio info - surface51 - 21-03-2012 02:02am

(17-03-2012 09:51pm)AEC Wrote:  I've noticed the same thing. There doesn't seem to be a way to see the artist and song data outside of the info popup screen. My friend has a Range Rover Sport and has the same issue. Perhaps this could be addressed in a software update?

just seeing this reply -- thanks! i was hoping to at least get someone to confirm that. oh well, it's the only thing about my evoque that i wish was different.