babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Detachable tow bar? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Detachable tow bar? (/Thread-Detachable-tow-bar)

Detachable tow bar? - MyronAub - 16-02-2012 06:09pm

I'll be picking up my Dynamic on the 1st March; does anyone have any recommendations for the best detachable tow bar?

I'll be towing a horse box probably only half a dozen times a year so ideally want one that all but disappears when not in use - does such a thing exist?

Detachable tow bar? - robc1738 - 16-02-2012 06:25pm

Can't see where your from on my phone but Hedleys in Durham do them for about £400

RE: Detachable tow bar? - BFGEvoqueMan - 17-02-2012 05:54pm

imho go for a witter as it appears to need the least amount of destruction. I am on my mobile at the moment so can't copy the link, but go to modifications and see my thread about fitting a witter bar. compare the cut with other members photos with lr bar and it is much less.

RE: Detachable tow bar? - XFullFatTim - 17-02-2012 06:05pm

I have the Land Rover QR tow hook, looks this in position
[Image: 8e2aa901.jpg]

and this when not in use
[Image: d22b33b7.jpg]

In this day and age I was a little surprised that LR hadn't made it totally hidden like RRS and D4 have

RE: Detachable tow bar? - MyronAub - 27-03-2012 01:56pm

(17-02-2012 06:05pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I have the Land Rover QR tow hook, looks this in position
In this day and age I was a little surprised that LR hadn't made it totally hidden like RRS and D4 have

Thanks everyone. I eventually decided I wanted the Bosal detachable but the local dealer would only fit a Land Rover approved towbar so I went with their recommended one instead to ensure there was no warranty problems etc. It's a bit tricky to attach sometimes but does the job and is fairly discreet once removed. I'll try to post a pic once the girlfriend gets back from town.

RE: Detachable tow bar? - BFGEvoqueMan - 29-03-2012 02:56pm

(27-03-2012 01:56pm)MyronAub Wrote:  Thanks everyone. I eventually decided I wanted the Bosal detachable but the local dealer would only fit a Land Rover approved towbar so I went with their recommended one instead to ensure there was no warranty problems etc. It's a bit tricky to attach sometimes but does the job and is fairly discreet once removed. I'll try to post a pic once the girlfriend gets back from town.

Ahh - the old lies about warranty. An e-approved bar will not invalidate the warranty. To be fair I am not surprised they wouldn't want to fit a LR bar as its pure profit for them (especially as the LR bar is twice the price of the Thule bar [which LR block from sale in UK] as they make the bar for LR and just stick LR stickers on it.

RE: Detachable tow bar? - XFullFatTim - 29-03-2012 06:29pm

You will not loose your warranty on the car for fitting a non LR tow bar and electrics, you will loose your warranty on the paint (if steel is cut), body and electrical systems and any other parts that a 3rd party touch to do the instal.