babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Adaptive Light yes or no ? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Adaptive Light yes or no ? (/Thread-Adaptive-Light-yes-or-no)

Pages: 1 2

Adaptive Light yes or no ? - laufaudi - 11-02-2012 02:24pm

Hallo
can any one help me?
Is Adaptive Light "a must have?" :oops:

RE: Adaptive Light yes or no ? - XFullFatTim - 11-02-2012 02:49pm

Not a "must have" just a "nice to have". I think the only "must haves" are Panoramic Roof on a Coupe and electric tailgate on either version (that's my own opinion though).

RE: Adaptive Light yes or no ? - laufaudi - 11-02-2012 02:59pm

Thank youSmile

RE: Adaptive Light yes or no ? - griff - 11-02-2012 03:14pm

Agree with Tim.
I have adaptive headlights and find them really useful on twisty roads and country lanes. If I lived in a city I would not bother.

RE: Adaptive Light yes or no ? - XFullFatTim - 11-02-2012 03:31pm

Yep, I'm a country dweller too although they work quite well inside a multi-storey carpark! The party piece are the cornering lights, I always get asked by passengers "what is that small light that comes on at low speeds when you are turning? " I had the similar system on the last RRS, but it did an eye-catching little "dance" when it went through the self check/ self levelling mode, miss that on the Evoque.

RE: Adaptive Light yes or no ? - fam1x - 11-02-2012 05:09pm

I've got adaptive lights on the evoque not seem them dance Tim lol

RE: Adaptive Light yes or no ? - Evo-king - 11-02-2012 05:26pm

They come as standard on my runaround Punto and that's a 10k car!!

RE: Adaptive Light yes or no ? - defender_uk - 11-02-2012 06:07pm

agree with the two moderators.....I have them and wouldn't like not to have thme now in the sticks....

RE: Adaptive Light yes or no ? - XFullFatTim - 11-02-2012 06:18pm

(11-02-2012 05:09pm)fam1x Wrote:  I've got adaptive lights on the evoque not seem them dance Tim lol

That's what I'm saying - pre 2010MY RRS's adaptives do the dance, Evoque's don't

RE: Adaptive Light yes or no ? - Sarcastrix - 11-02-2012 07:00pm

I love them on my allroad. The xenon unit turns with the steering wheel, on misty nights they are like WWII search lights through the gloom.