babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Washing your Evoque - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Detailing & Car Care (/Forum-Detailing-Car-Care)
+--- Thread: Washing your Evoque (/Thread-Washing-your-Evoque)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Washing your Evoque - XFullFatTim - 20-04-2012 10:00am

I wonder if as a result of the hose pipe bans across most of Englandshire we will start to see members just outside the ban areas doing car detailing weekend breaks.................. B&B and unlimited use of a hose for car washing!

RE: Washing your Evoque - Donny Dog - 20-04-2012 10:57am

(20-04-2012 10:00am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I wonder if as a result of the hose pipe bans across most of Englandshire we will start to see members just outside the ban areas doing car detailing weekend breaks.................. B&B and unlimited use of a hose for car washing!

....or some very long hosepipes?

RE: Washing your Evoque - PhilSkill - 20-04-2012 11:49am

I've just installed even larger grey water tanks to go with the ones I had previously, which are filling nicely since it started raining the day the Ban came into force Rolling Eyes I appreciate the reservoirs are low and need replenishing though thus saving more rain water myself, since i'm on a water meter all makes good sense Very Happy.

Now I could run a pump and filter off of these tanks to hose my car but where I wash my car is quite public and last time we had a Ban the number of disapproving uneducated numpty do-gooders that shouted there's a hose pipe ban on, that's a £1000 fine, that's illegal you know, when I was only using buckets of grey water started to drive me crazy... imagine using a hose off my tanks at the moment Rolling Eyes.
(20-04-2012 10:00am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I wonder if as a result of the hose pipe bans across most of Englandshire we will start to see members just outside the ban areas doing car detailing weekend breaks.................. B&B and unlimited use of a hose for car washing!

Englandshire... I like that. Very Happy

RE: Washing your Evoque - ED209 - 20-04-2012 02:08pm

I use an old crate to stand on to reach the rrof properly

RE: Washing your Evoque - Big G - 20-04-2012 02:18pm

Water in Dublin is free (its about all that is here now)- althought they're planning water meters in the next 2 years , so hurry up !

RE: Washing your Evoque - XFullFatTim - 20-04-2012 03:14pm

We pay water rates here but to the Scottish Government not to some overseas company. The price includes all you can use and taking away the waste too. Once we get independence I hear that Mr Salmond will be exporting at £5 a litre + transport to the southern deserts.

RE: Washing your Evoque - Donny Dog - 20-04-2012 03:31pm

(20-04-2012 03:14pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Once we get independence I hear that Mr Salmond will be exporting at £5 a litre + transport to the southern deserts.

It'll have to be in one of your tankers, then, as you'll have to pay to get it through here! Wink

And we don't want it ourselves, our reservoirs are overflowing - it hasn't stopped raining for days!

RE: Washing your Evoque - doug - 20-04-2012 09:27pm

(20-04-2012 11:49am)PhilSkill Wrote:  I've just installed even larger grey water tanks to go with the ones I had previously, which are filling nicely since it started raining the day the Ban came into force Rolling Eyes I appreciate the reservoirs are low and need replenishing though thus saving more rain water myself, since i'm on a water meter all makes good sense Very Happy.

Now I could run a pump and filter off of these tanks to hose my car but where I wash my car is quite public and last time we had a Ban the number of disapproving uneducated numpty do-gooders that shouted there's a hose pipe ban on, that's a £1000 fine, that's illegal you know, when I was only using buckets of grey water started to drive me crazy... imagine using a hose off my tanks at the moment Rolling Eyes.

Englandshire... I like that. Very Happy

PhilSkill,
I made up a sign to stop Jo public giving me the evil eye, as I was spending as much time explaining that I'm not using mains water as I was washing vehicles.

RE: Washing your Evoque - cjfp - 20-04-2012 09:36pm

Philskill - have you considered that you are being selfish by capturing rain FOR YOURSELF rather than letting it flow away into rivers, reservoirs etc for the good OF ALL !?!

( Laughing - special sign inserted for those that think the above may have been serious )

RE: Washing your Evoque - PhilSkill - 20-04-2012 10:39pm

(20-04-2012 09:36pm)cjfp Wrote:  Philskill - have you considered that you are being selfish by capturing rain FOR YOURSELF rather than letting it flow away into rivers, reservoirs etc for the good OF ALL !?!

I knew you were going to say that! Laughing

Its the reason the south east has no water, I've stockpiled it all in Oxfordshire before it get across East! Laughing

(20-04-2012 09:27pm)doug Wrote:  PhilSkill,
I made up a sign to stop Jo public giving me the evil eye, as I was spending as much time explaining that I'm not using mains water as I was washing vehicles.

Glad it's not just me...