babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Just had the call ! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: My Range Rover Evoque (/Forum-My-Range-Rover-Evoque)
+--- Thread: Just had the call ! (/Thread-Just-had-the-call--2942)

Pages: 1 2

Just had the call ! - Westy - 02-02-2012 03:15pm

So after my long wait I have just had the call to say that not only has the car being manufactured it has also been delivered to the dealer today.

As it is a lease car it is going to be delivered to me via a delivery driver (on a truck I am pleased to say)

They are delivering it after lunch on Wednesday next week.

It is currently having the towbar fitted and the lease car pack added, cuddly dice and pink floor mats !!

It has felt like a long time since the order back in June, I hope all of you that ordered around the same time receive the same call, I am impressed as the original date for delivery was going to be march 12, the car will be a 61 reg but who cares, the lease company are happy and so am I. I understand it is being fitted with the large rear number plate and they have also thrown in a spare plate for any trailers etc.

Mines not the highest spec, some of you have really nice cars but for me with a company 30k budget it just fits nicely, currently have leather in a car with no heated seats so looking forward to cooking on a warm seat.

Will share photographs next week, no champagne, or covered in a sheet but this is a company car program and I feel very lucky to have this to use ( will need the tax man to kind with my P11d though)

Very Happy

RE: Just had the call ! - LDT - 02-02-2012 09:50pm

Great news, look forward to seeing your pics/ reading of your first impressions.

RE: Just had the call ! - Evo-king - 02-02-2012 11:12pm

Who cares about the fanfare, you're more likely to attract a bigger audience with the car being delivered to the door on a transporter.

At least you are getting it.

RE: Just had the call ! - SebM - 03-02-2012 12:57pm

Great !! Enjoy !!

RE: Just had the call ! - Westy - 09-02-2012 12:17am

My car was delivered today at 2pm.

As it is a company car the lease company arranged to have the car delivered by trailer from the dealer to my home. The car was delivered by a friendly chap who delivers cars for a living.

It has been a weird afternoon, after all the wait I too felt abut underwhelmed, first whilst inspecting the car I noticed that the rear bumper had not been refitted correctly.

I opted for the towbar option and as most of you know this is a dealer fit option, the car will have arrived from the factory all complete, then the dealer technician has to remove the bumper to fit the towbar, I feel this was done in a rush as some of the under wheel arch material was also not fitted properly, whilst the bumper had been off and then fitted back on it has also been scratched near to the rear wheel arch trim. (only a little scratch but it just seems a shame, my other half says I am being a meldrew and to get over it!)

I signed off the car, the driver contacted the supplying dealer and explained the situation, he was in complete agreement, we also noted this on the delivery sheet. I heard him speak to the service manager and the corporate sales manager and I heard them say I would receive a call to explain what they were going to do to rectify the situation. By 6pm I have not heard anything, I hope this is not going to be the norm for the future.

Don't get me wrong I love the car, it looks great and drives lovely, just sad to receive a 30k car with 13 miles on the clock and the personal dealer touch has been missed.

I then went for a test drive and it felt lovely, very smooth and surprisingly punchy. The next problem then was the car has a real annoying plastic creak from a panel in the back somewhere, a colleague of mine sat in the back this afternoon and felt and touched all the panels to help me find if it was something stupid, it seems to be coming from the tailgate panel on the inside where it meets the rubber seal and where it meets the headlining, when he placed his hand on the trim the noise stopped. The tailgate trim seems tight so I will have to wait for the dealer call and see what can be done.( perhaps rattle an knows a fix)

Tonight however I have been for a drive and I love the car, it drives so well, the stereo is really good (i have the standard system) ipod integration brilliant, its now got 36 miles, wow.

Now working my way through the handbook to understand the different features. The forum and the members have really helped me.

One question I have is I travel over to Europe quite alot with my job and the car I drove on the LR experience day showed the digital speed readout in KM with the speedo in MPH, my car is set up to show miles in digital as well as the normal MPH speedo, I have been through the computer settings and cannot find a setting to change this digitel to km, do any of you know if this can be changed to read Km as this is really helpful when driving abroad.

Please see some pictures below

Going to have a sleep and hopefully i will feel better tomorrow, will I get a call, let's hope so?

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w463/westybabes/DSC00090.jpg

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w463/westybabes/DSC00097.jpg

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w463/westybabes/DSC00095.jpg

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w463/westybabes/DSC00094.jpg

It's a shame as it has knocked some of the real special feeling of a new car and I have this for 3 years.

Thanks again for all of the useful and fun threads Confused

RE: Just had the call ! - XFullFatTim - 09-02-2012 10:12am

With the ignition on, using the right hand 4 way button on the steering wheel boss, press the up arrow and the screen in the middle of the dash will change to a menu. Using the arrow down select Trip Computer, press OK, then scroll down to UNITS, OK then select which display you want (IIRC there are 3 choices), click OK the press the arrow left and scroll back or let the screen clear itself.

RE: Just had the call ! - Westy - 09-02-2012 10:42am

(09-02-2012 10:12am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  With the ignition on, using the right hand 4 way button on the steering wheel boss, press the up arrow and the screen in the middle of the dash will change to a menu. Using the arrow down select Trip Computer, press OK, then scroll down to UNITS, OK then select which display you want (IIRC there are 3 choices), click OK the press the arrow left and scroll back or let the screen clear itself.

Thanks for the information, I will give it a try, saw the units option but thought it only changed the trip computer settings. Very Happy

RE: Just had the call ! - BFGEvoqueMan - 09-02-2012 10:54am

(09-02-2012 10:42am)Westy Wrote:  Thanks for the information, I will give it a try, saw the units option but thought it only changed the trip computer settings. Very Happy

Sorry to hear about your bodged towbar fitting - always the problem when I suspect you are the first the dealer will have done. You must get them to rectify (LR customer services are excellant at chivvying things up!)

Mine rattles in a similar way, so I will see if its the same thing!

When you set the units on the trip computer to KM/ l per 100 km etc then it changes the nav to meters rather than yards (should be an option on the sat nav anyway - who uses yards)[RANT OVER] and changes the speed display in the bottom right of the LCD display to KPH (as well as the trip meter/odometer to km's) . I find I am always looking at this rather than the speedo (even when it is in MPH) as IMHO the speedo is a carbon copy of the Merc SLK's and very hard to read at a glance; and since for the first week or so I always found myself going faster than the limit....ShockedShocked

RE: Just had the call ! - XFullFatTim - 09-02-2012 11:31am

My tow bar was the first fitted to an Evoque by the supplying dealer (LPR) and has never had any rattles, however I feel it a pity that they had to cut a whacking great hole in the Dynamic rear valance to fit it. There is a central section they have to cut but it is way bigger than is necessary. Mine is the removable version and apart from the large hole it's a neat job.

[Image: 8e2aa901.jpg]

I used it for the first time yesterday, to pull my lifeless Defender out of the shed it lives in so I could fit a new battery in it! It tugged the Defender very well. It's the first time in 16 years the Def has failed to start and only the second battery in all that time!

RE: Just had the call ! - Westy - 09-02-2012 07:02pm

I have played with the unit settings on the trip computer today and that is a really good option, some of the VW/ Audi cars have this but you struggle to switch over, this is a really good safety feature.

Have driven the car today and have to say I still love it even with my little grunts and groans (it's the meldrew in me). Still not had the call though to say when they are going to rectify the little faults.

Forgot to mention that mine came with the Pirelli Scorpions. The delivery driver said he had heard from owners that the Pirellis were also quieter than the Continentals.

The towbar fitment looks ok, it was just carelessness from the technician when refitting the bumper back over the towbar and the sales people for not checking the vehicle before it was delivered.

Please see below

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w463/westybabes/DSC00103.jpg

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w463/westybabes/DSC00104.jpg

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w463/westybabes/DSC00101.jpg

Please take a look and tell me if I am being petty or not ( my better half says just get on with it as many other people are desperate for their cars and i should be lucky)