babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Please put me out of my suspense - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Please put me out of my suspense (/Thread-Please-put-me-out-of-my-suspense)

Pages: 1 2

Please put me out of my suspense - XFullFatTim - 17-01-2012 03:59pm

Which car was the What Car? magazine best cross-over/ small SUV and which car was the car of the year?
What Car? was published on 12th Jan but won't arrive out here until I have left and I cannot wait to find out who the winners were

RE: Please put me out of my suspense - WB - 17-01-2012 04:24pm

Hmm.... http://www.whatcar.com/awards/4x4s/index.html

http://www.whatcar.com/awards/car-of-the-year/index.html

RE: Please put me out of my suspense - oop north - 17-01-2012 04:40pm

On a slightly different note, Car magazine just tested (Feb issue?) Evoque against Audi Q3 - Evoque won

RE: Please put me out of my suspense - PhilSkill - 17-01-2012 04:47pm

What Car Wrote:Consider that the superb Range Rover Evoque doesn’t even make the shortlist (who’d have predicted that six months ago).

Shocked Best 4x4 and SUV won by BMW X3... Rolling with Laughter

RE: Please put me out of my suspense - Coolbanana - 17-01-2012 05:00pm

Combining the 4x4 and SUV class this year by Whatcar has left the Evoque out in the cold - the X3 is a very good SUV so I wouldn't argue with it being an SUV finalist but it has no great 4x4 ability to speak of. The D4 has won their 4x4 category for two years and is now beaten by a car with a very different skillset and market!

The Qashqai can only be there ahead of the Evoque as an economic alternative but still surprises me as it brings nothing new to the table.

Whatcar only gave the Evoque 4/5 stars in their road test so bucking the trend of seeing the Evoque clean up was coming from them I guess.

RE: Please put me out of my suspense - malph - 17-01-2012 05:05pm

An X3 has low profile Run Flat Tyres. These things are about as much use in snowy and off road conditions as the proverbial chocolate teapot. The approach and retreat angles are inferior, no Terrain Response System; 4x4, don't make me laugh.

And don't get me going on price/spec comparisons.......an X3, to the same spec as the Pure SD4 Auto with tech and style packs, comes in at around £40K - Evoque £35K, and just look at the X3,Yawn .......I won't go on.

What Car?, more like What Planet?Rolling Eyes

RE: Please put me out of my suspense - ytshome - 17-01-2012 05:33pm

Im thinking of cancelling my subscription, how dare they?

RE: Please put me out of my suspense - Coolbanana - 17-01-2012 05:59pm

What is even more bizarre is that the Evoque is pictured front and centre on the cover of their Car of the Year edition and yet it isn't even a finalist!

Ah well, it has won most accolades elsewhere, shouldn't be too greedy I guess lol

RE: Please put me out of my suspense - Deekster - 17-01-2012 06:39pm

Did the judges even consider looks? The X3 & Qashqai must be the 2 ugliest SUV's.

RE: Please put me out of my suspense - XFullFatTim - 17-01-2012 09:14pm

Oh well, there's no accounting for taste is there!