babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Got mine recently - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: My Range Rover Evoque (/Forum-My-Range-Rover-Evoque)
+--- Thread: Got mine recently (/Thread-Got-mine-recently)

Got mine recently - barnsyuk - 16-01-2012 08:52pm

So there I was standing in the dealers looking at Discos, my wife says "it's bigger than I thought, probably to big" so we go look at RRsports and similar comment. Then we look at Freelanders and Im not impressed then the dealer says he has an Evoque out back, ordered and delivered for a customer, customer turns up finds out its deisel when he ordered petrol and tells dealer he doesnt want it. So thats how I became the owner of a black SD4 coupe Dynamic. Saw it Tuesday, drove off the forecourt Saturday.

I like the car but only got to drive it on Sunday so early days, now stuck working in Durban for 3 weeks, can't wait to get home and drive it some more, oh and see the wife and dogs....

RE: Got mine recently - XFullFatTim - 17-01-2012 02:58pm

Sounds like you were in the right place at the right time barnsy, well done.

RE: Got mine recently - GibEvoque - 17-01-2012 03:15pm

Scary cock-up to have ordered a Si4 to find a SD4 arrives.

RE: Got mine recently - WB - 17-01-2012 04:25pm

(17-01-2012 03:15pm)GibEvoque Wrote:  Scary cock-up to have ordered a Si4 to find a SD4 arrives.

Almost as bad as the guy that ordered a 3 door only to have a 5 door show up!

RE: Got mine recently - EVO PUNDITT - 17-01-2012 07:41pm

How can you live without the Evoque for three week!!!!

RE: Got mine recently - Coolbanana - 17-01-2012 07:55pm

(16-01-2012 08:52pm)barnsyuk Wrote:  So there I was standing in the dealers looking at Discos, my wife says "it's bigger than I thought, probably to big" so we go look at RRsports and similar comment. Then we look at Freelanders and Im not impressed then the dealer says he has an Evoque out back, ordered and delivered for a customer, customer turns up finds out its deisel when he ordered petrol and tells dealer he doesnt want it. So thats how I became the owner of a black SD4 coupe Dynamic. Saw it Tuesday, drove off the forecourt Saturday.

I like the car but only got to drive it on Sunday so early days, now stuck working in Durban for 3 weeks, can't wait to get home and drive it some more, oh and see the wife and dogs....

That was good luck! Well done! Similar to me - decided to get one and found one avail the same week.

Where in Durbs are you? (I lived there for 24 years and still have family over there, wish I was there now!)

RE: Got mine recently - SebM - 18-01-2012 11:01am

Great !

RE: Got mine recently - barnsyuk - 19-01-2012 03:53pm

Umhlanga, nice here at the moment, 26-28 degrees

quote='Coolbanana' pid='34531' dateline='1326826557']

That was good luck! Well done! Similar to me - decided to get one and found one avail the same week.

Where in Durbs are you? (I lived there for 24 years and still have family over there, wish I was there now!)

[/quote]

RE: Got mine recently - pureevoque - 19-01-2012 04:22pm

I was in Umhlanga Rocks a few years back, great place, stayed in the Protea Hotel