babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Coupe seat recall - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Coupe seat recall (/Thread-Coupe-seat-recall)

Pages: 1 2

Coupe seat recall - vinny - 15-01-2012 12:00pm

On collecting my pure couple yesterday I was informed that my car would be getting recalled soon to carry out a modification to the front seats to fit new motors and gears to speed up rear seat access.
Not seen anything mentioned on this forum has anybody heard similar? seemingly this was straight from LR according to my dealer.....here's hoping!

RE: Coupe seat recall - DynamicRRV - 15-01-2012 12:06pm

Not heard but it would be a good idea!

RE: Coupe seat recall - griff - 15-01-2012 12:14pm

Not heard but it is a much needed modification

RE: Coupe seat recall - jos - 15-01-2012 12:19pm

off course needed !,
but will every new build evoque have this modification allready >>>> anyone ?

RE: Coupe seat recall - vinny - 15-01-2012 12:33pm

You would think that it is in the manufacturers interest if they have developed new/updated hardwear that it would be fitted to new builds as soon as possible.
The costs of shipping to dealers and paying them to carry out the mod must be considerable.
Can't believe they thought the current system would be viable long term anyway,maybe that's the part Victoria beckham was involved with the design of Laughing

RE: Coupe seat recall - cjfp - 15-01-2012 04:17pm

Also not heard this officially yet, but you do wonder why it wasn't sorted before launch when it was an identified user issue so long ago.

RE: Coupe seat recall - Claud - 15-01-2012 04:45pm

just goes to show Land Rover believe this to be an important world vehicle and are quick to respond to customer and press feedback on a glaring issueVery Happy

RE: Coupe seat recall - XFullFatTim - 15-01-2012 08:33pm

Yep they possibly read all our whinges on here too

RE: Coupe seat recall - Claud - 15-01-2012 09:06pm

(15-01-2012 08:33pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Yep they possibly read all our whinges on here too
Lets hope they read about my very annoying uneven idle problem.....................

Coupe seat recall - QueJumper - 15-01-2012 10:58pm

Can't see why they'd pay to do it on delivered cars as its not a safety issue? Doesn't bother me anyway as no one has been in the back of ours yet in 3 months!

Just program the memory seat button to move the seat if you're that bothered.