babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Heated Mirrors - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Heated Mirrors (/Thread-Heated-Mirrors)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Heated Mirrors - nishandf - 08-02-2012 12:34pm

I have been contacted by LR Customer Services and they confirm that the Heated Mirrors are ONLY operational when the Rear Demist button is activated. They acknowledge that this is contrary to the advice given in the manual and will be updated in the future.

RE: Heated Mirrors - berlin2011 - 08-02-2012 01:44pm

What will be updated the mirrors or the manual?

RE: Heated Mirrors - XFullFatTim - 08-02-2012 02:23pm

Come-on Berlin you know the answer to that one, they will issue an addendum to the owner's manual - it 's the cheaper option rather than fixing all the cars that have left the factory. Typical fix from LR I'm afraid, change the handbook don't fix the problem.

RE: Heated Mirrors - Claud - 08-02-2012 10:31pm

nishandf thanks for putting this to bed, well at least we know the truth now. Just goes to show, you cant believe everything you read in the manualBanging Head

RE: Heated Mirrors - CSJ - 09-02-2012 05:54pm

I just got an entirely different answer to this from the techy at Stratstones - he says that it is linked to the wipers!! if the wipers are on auto then the demister switches on, if the wipers are on manual then they dont!

Glad to see such consistency across the network on this one!

RE: Heated Mirrors - Big G - 09-02-2012 06:19pm

(09-02-2012 05:54pm)CSJ Wrote:  I just got an entirely different answer to this from the techy at Stratstones - he says that it is linked to the wipers!! if the wipers are on auto then the demister switches on, if the wipers are on manual then they dont!

Any chance this can be tested by an owner ?

RE: Heated Mirrors - XFullFatTim - 09-02-2012 06:39pm

Yes, i use the auto-on wiper setting all the time, my mirrors do not demist when the wipers are set like that.

RE: Heated Mirrors - Land Rover Techy - 18-03-2012 07:14pm

(09-02-2012 05:54pm)CSJ Wrote:  I just got an entirely different answer to this from the techy at Stratstones - he says that it is linked to the wipers!! if the wipers are on auto then the demister switches on, if the wipers are on manual then they dont!

It Is mentioned but not in great detail in page 51 of the owners manual, also i do have some more info that may be true in what the technician has told you. See Attachments included. [attachment=1741][attachment=1742]

RE: Heated Mirrors - cjfp - 18-03-2012 08:12pm

I believe mine have never demisted until I have put rear demist on.