babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
How to use retirement money? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/Forum-Off-Topic)
+---- Forum: Everything Else (/Forum-Everything-Else)
+---- Thread: How to use retirement money? (/Thread-How-to-use-retirement-money)

How to use retirement money? - Steve - 12-01-2012 09:24am

Any safe ideas? All I have ever done was trade high risk stocks up until now. I know most companies have funds to choose from through their 401ks but are there some good ones available to the general public also where you can buy in and out whenever you want, easily?

RE: How to use retirement money? - RacingSnake - 12-01-2012 09:30am

Good first post. (!?)
I vote invest it in an evoque Very Happy

RE: How to use retirement money? - fam1x - 12-01-2012 11:19am

Steve surely you should be advising us how to invest our monies. As you know spending money on a car isn’t an investment but sure is a pleasure in buying Smile

RE: How to use retirement money? - johnboy - 12-01-2012 05:01pm

I'm with racing snake on this one, as that is exactly what I am doing, and by God it feels great to pay in cash, well it will do when it arrives?

RE: How to use retirement money? - Daigriff - 12-01-2012 06:15pm

Outer Mongolian Tin Mines?..or buy an Evoque

RE: How to use retirement money? - XFullFatTim - 12-01-2012 06:30pm

Oil might be a good investment if the Iranians continue with the games they are playing!

RE: How to use retirement money? - ytshome - 12-01-2012 07:07pm

(12-01-2012 06:30pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Oil might be a good investment if the Iranians continue with the games they are playing!

I thought of that but just not sure how many barrels I'll get in the back bedroomLaughing

RE: How to use retirement money? - Denisem - 17-01-2012 10:47am

A whole life insurance policy, which will make the most sense if you have a considerable amount of money that you’re willing to put away every year. Your money will grow at a slower interest rate in a tax shelter than the high-risk markets you’re used to, but it offers assured growth for long term periods, and encourages disciplined investing. When you’ve accumulated enough cash value, put the money in an annuity or use it towards an indulgent purchase. Your financial profile seems to be in the high income bracket, so whole life is a good investment if you can afford it.

Denise Mancini