babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Miffed by Land Rover Accessory - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Miffed by Land Rover Accessory (/Thread-Miffed-by-Land-Rover-Accessory)

Pages: 1 2

Miffed by Land Rover Accessory - Claud - 10-01-2012 11:18pm

I like using a load retention net in the boot to stop items shifting in corners. I had the original net in the FFRR. I tried it in the Evoque and found the main boot floor net to big to sit tightly between the retention points, so I duly ordered the Evoque Load Retention Net VUB503130.

I fitted it last night to discover it is identical to the FFRR itemEvil I know have two very expensive over sized netsBig Cry The net is so loose there is insufficient tension to keep the hooks retained. My work around is to stretch the hooks onto each other through the retention hoops. I then get sufficient tension to keep the net in place.

My advice is if you are considering a load retention net, look to the third party market and don't pick the LR item, it is over priced and does not fit.

Normally the accessories are high quality but in this case it is not designed for the Evoque.

RE: Miffed by Land Rover Accessory - The Valeter - 11-01-2012 12:22am

Just out of interest how much do LR charge for it?

RE: Miffed by Land Rover Accessory - XFullFatTim - 11-01-2012 04:00am

The load retention net from my Freelander1 works fine and it's now 10 years old!

RE: Miffed by Land Rover Accessory - Barneyridge - 11-01-2012 04:37am

For those Aussie's here, supercheap have a net which only cost about $35 aud that fits my Subaru well. Maybe try that before ordering the LR one Wink

RE: Miffed by Land Rover Accessory - Evoqess - 11-01-2012 07:16am

Can't believe what an exorbitant rip off this LR net is- and to not fit?! I'm using one from my Audi TTS.

RE: Miffed by Land Rover Accessory - ED209 - 11-01-2012 08:47am

return the bugger for a refund.

RE: Miffed by Land Rover Accessory - GibEvoque - 11-01-2012 10:12am

Have they given you the right one? I would have imagined it would be identical to the freelander, rather than fulfatRR

RE: Miffed by Land Rover Accessory - Martin - 11-01-2012 04:41pm

The same net is available on its own without the ratchet straps as EOO500010PVJ for less than £10

RE: Miffed by Land Rover Accessory - Claud - 11-01-2012 10:27pm

(11-01-2012 04:41pm)Martin Wrote:  The same net is available on its own without the ratchet straps as EOO500010PVJ for less than £10

I wished I had known that, I paid over £70 and the rachet straps are only worth about £5!

I am sure I got the right one, I took the code out of the brochure and checked it on delivery.

RE: Miffed by Land Rover Accessory - pugracer - 12-01-2012 01:50pm

Oh dear! I just ordered and it's being shipped to me.