babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Cracked Panoramic Roof - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Cracked Panoramic Roof (/Thread-Cracked-Panoramic-Roof)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Cracked Panoramic Roof - Mr P - 06-01-2012 04:25pm

Hi All,

Have been the proud owner of an Evoque (Prestige SD4 Auto) for 2 weeks and i am dissapointed to say i have acquired a stone chip in my Panoramic roof that has caused the roof to crack approx 14 inches. I have contacted Landrover Customer services who say it is bad luck SadSad and have now found out that i have to claim off my insurance as an accident hence pay excess and lose no claims.

Not what you vcall a good start !!!!!

RE: Cracked Panoramic Roof - Straydox - 06-01-2012 04:31pm

(06-01-2012 04:25pm)Mr P Wrote:  Hi All,

Have been the proud owner of an Evoque (Prestige SD4 Auto) for 2 weeks and i am dissapointed to say i have acquired a stone chip in my Panoramic roof that has caused the roof to crack approx 14 inches. I have contacted Landrover Customer services who say it is bad luck SadSad and have now found out that i have to claim off my insurance as an accident hence pay excess and lose no claims.

Not what you call a good start !!!!!

Welcome to the forum! Well that's not a good start at all - so aside from the cracked roof what's the rest of it like?

It might be worth talking to one of the windscreen repair companies and see if they can do a resin repair - would probably be virtually invisible too.

RE: Cracked Panoramic Roof - RacingSnake - 06-01-2012 04:44pm

Just out of interest... Was yours a stock/dealer/ex-lre car?
I ask because I know there issues with the launch/lre cars and their roof cracking due to the torsion on the chassis as the cars did the off road courses.
I was told it was sorted and limited to the lre and launch cars only.

Probably worth understanding the history of the car?

RE: Cracked Panoramic Roof - Mr P - 06-01-2012 04:50pm

Thankyou for your welcome, the rest of the car is an absolute delight, just taken the shine off a little. As for a repair the crack is about 14 inches long, not a cosmetic option and you have to consider the integrity off the glass.

Hi, no the cars build date was 16th December i took delivery on the 20th and got cracked on the 28th.
Hi, no the cars build date was 16th December i took delivery on the 20th and got cracked on the 28th.

RE: Cracked Panoramic Roof - WB - 06-01-2012 04:54pm

Welcome and ouch! Sorry to hear that!

I'm sure I read that pano roof was covered as glass damage by at least some insurers so should only attract a small excess and not count as a claim. Who are you insured by? May be worth pushing with them.

RE: Cracked Panoramic Roof - ED209 - 06-01-2012 04:55pm

I dont think a resin repair on a 14 inch crack will be a good idea. A pano roof is structural and i wouldn want it to be weakened in any way.

RE: Cracked Panoramic Roof - XFullFatTim - 06-01-2012 05:04pm

As ED says the Pano roof is a structural part of the body on the RRE so replacement is the best route, I also think that a 14" crack would not be repairable at a windscreen repairers, it's too long a crack to do with their curing gun

RE: Cracked Panoramic Roof - Mr P - 06-01-2012 05:13pm

(06-01-2012 04:54pm)WB Wrote:  Welcome and ouch! Sorry to hear that!

I'm sure I read that pano roof was covered as glass damage by at least some insurers so should only attract a small excess and not count as a claim. Who are you insured by? May be worth pushing with them.
My insurers are NFU, when i originally contacted them they said it would be covered as a glass claim and to contact their authorised repairer, i did this but their repairer (autoglass) said they dont do Panoramic roofs and to contact Ins co, i did this again and they said it would have to be treated as an accident and claim that way .

RE: Cracked Panoramic Roof - WB - 06-01-2012 05:35pm

(06-01-2012 05:13pm)Mr P Wrote:  My insurers are NFU, when i originally contacted them they said it would be covered as a glass claim and to contact their authorised repairer, i did this but their repairer (autoglass) said they dont do Panoramic roofs and to contact Ins co, i did this again and they said it would have to be treated as an accident and claim that way .

I'd push it with them. I once had to have a windscreen replaced that had to be bonded - Autoglass couldn't do it so the insurance paid to have mercedes do it but it was just a windscreen claim.

RE: Cracked Panoramic Roof - Woody179 - 06-01-2012 07:48pm

I had the panoramic roof replaced on my Discovery 3 in 2010, was with the NFU like you and all I had to pay was the £25 glass excess, not noticed any changes in the policy book so I would query this. The replacement was genuine LR glass and was fitted by AutoGlass