babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Dual Screen/Head Unit Removal - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Dual Screen/Head Unit Removal (/Thread-Dual-Screen-Head-Unit-Removal)

Dual Screen/Head Unit Removal - Big Dave - 06-01-2012 07:25am

I'm going to be installing a mod to the rear of the dual screen soon. It's just a plug and play unit but can anyone tell me how you remove the screen or access the wiring behind it?

RE: Dual Screen/Head Unit Removal - mark_n - 07-01-2012 12:22am

I believe you need to take the engine out first... Wink

RE: Dual Screen/Head Unit Removal - Firenze - 07-01-2012 10:16am

What kind of mod? Something exciting

Dual Screen/Head Unit Removal - Big Dave - 07-01-2012 10:37am

Just the tv in motion, I've had it in two previous vehicles and its never caused any distraction as I don't watch it.

For me it's to solve the problem with the dual screen and the passengers in the back not being able to see it.

Rear entertainment was not an option with the sports seats so this is the best fix for me.

RE: Dual Screen/Head Unit Removal - ytshome - 08-01-2012 12:39am

May cause a problem with the law though

RE: Dual Screen/Head Unit Removal - The Valeter - 08-01-2012 12:54am

If you get pulled they will almost certainly fine you & give points!

RE: Dual Screen/Head Unit Removal - mywillia - 08-01-2012 01:09am

(06-01-2012 07:25am)Big Dave Wrote:  I'm going to be installing a mod

I hope you've told your insurance co Laughing

RE: Dual Screen/Head Unit Removal - Big Dave - 08-01-2012 08:13am

(08-01-2012 01:09am)mywillia Wrote:  I hope you've told your insurance co Laughing

I think you have an unhealthy obsession with insurance companies!! ..... But yes, you are right. I'm going to give them a full list when I've installed the underbody neons, momo steering wheel, tinted out the front windows and wrapped the bonnet in carbon fibre look vinyl.

Smile

RE: Dual Screen/Head Unit Removal - XFullFatTim - 09-01-2012 07:39pm

(06-01-2012 07:25am)Big Dave Wrote:  I'm going to be installing a mod ................

Lordy I had better go on a diet then if you are going to try to get me in the dash....... you might find Griff or CJFP a better fit though