babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Got the Call .. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Got the Call .. (/Thread-Got-the-Call--2532)

Pages: 1 2 3

Got the Call .. - WorldTraveler - 04-01-2012 10:53am

To Finalise the order for submission this week, build date TBC.

RE: Got the Call .. - ED209 - 04-01-2012 02:31pm

(04-01-2012 10:53am)WorldTraveler Wrote:  To Finalise the order for submission this week, build date TBC.

Me too, however I am having trouble getting hold of the salesman, he is also having trouble getting hold of me! Our paths never seem to cross! (probably my faulf for sleeping most of the day after night shift)

Have sent him an email giving my spec and will try calling him again later on!

You ordered a full month after me so the dealer either has a very large allocation of cars this month or they havent taken many orders during that month.
Just spoke to salesman, build showing 9th March at present, delivery to dealer for 26th March.

Sod's law dictates that having waited so long for the car I shall be in Norway when it gets delivered. Bugger lol.

Dealer did say that this date could change though, Im keeping my fingers crossed it might come forward to beginning of march or at least to before 20th When i go on my travels!

Then again last year I went away to Norway, left the girlfriend with the keys to my scirocco, came back to a flashing dashboard and it needin g a new ABS loom! So maybe best if it comes later to keep her hands off it!

RE: Got the Call .. - Daglass - 04-01-2012 03:58pm

That's excellent news for you both...after a seriously long wait.

RE: Got the Call .. - THEMACS - 04-01-2012 04:43pm

(04-01-2012 02:31pm)ED209 Wrote:  Me too, however I am having trouble getting hold of the salesman, he is also having trouble getting hold of me! Our paths never seem to cross! (probably my faulf for sleeping most of the day after night shift)

Have sent him an email giving my spec and will try calling him again later on!

You ordered a full month after me so the dealer either has a very large allocation of cars this month or they havent taken many orders during that month.
Just spoke to salesman, build showing 9th March at present, delivery to dealer for 26th March.

Sod's law dictates that having waited so long for the car I shall be in Norway when it gets delivered. Bugger lol.

Dealer did say that this date could change though, Im keeping my fingers crossed it might come forward to beginning of march or at least to before 20th When i go on my travels!

Then again last year I went away to Norway, left the girlfriend with the keys to my scirocco, came back to a flashing dashboard and it needin g a new ABS loom! So maybe best if it comes later to keep her hands off it!

That seems a while off!! When was your order called? As part of Dec order call or January??

My dealer called me on 28 December and said that ours had gone into order pool before Christmas and that we should take delivery on 1 March 2012, maybe it won't be ready for then, best check!!

RE: Got the Call .. - ED209 - 04-01-2012 05:22pm

23rd december call i think, i did tell him it seemed like a long wait compared to others dates. Suppose it may come forward though

Got the Call .. - gibbyd - 04-01-2012 10:27pm

So put my order in around the 15th of Dec and dealer saying can deliver for March 4th and if not will lend me a vehicle.
Am I being misled ?

RE: Got the Call .. - THEMACS - 04-01-2012 10:38pm

(04-01-2012 10:27pm)gibbyd Wrote:  So put my order in around the 15th of Dec and dealer saying can deliver for March 4th and if not will lend me a vehicle.
Am I being misled ?

What!!! You only put a deposit down in december and expecting March Delivery, maybe 2013!! Unless it's a cancelled build slot he is filling, sounds very unlikely. I would have thought at least a six month lead time at the very very best!

RE: Got the Call .. - Evo-king - 04-01-2012 11:16pm

(04-01-2012 10:27pm)gibbyd Wrote:  So put my order in around the 15th of Dec and dealer saying can deliver for March 4th and if not will lend me a vehicle.
Am I being misled ?

Where the heck did you order that one from, that's mind boggling quick?

Chances of a loan car are limited, people with serious delays struggled to get any, plenty of discussion about that on here.
(04-01-2012 10:38pm)THEMACS Wrote:  What!!! You only put a deposit down in december and expecting March Delivery, maybe 2013!! Unless it's a cancelled build slot he is filling, sounds very unlikely. I would have thought at least a six month lead time at the very very best!

With the factory gearing up to full production now the delays/order to delivery times are going to come down but it still seems odd when later orders overtake older orders.

Got the Call .. - gibbyd - 04-01-2012 11:20pm

We will see what happens, will keep you informed of my progress or lack of it lol.

RE: Got the Call .. - Nowaytk - 05-01-2012 04:02pm

Got a call today, got to go into LPR sometime next week for vista ( whatever that is? ) to confirm spec ( prestige, 5 door, barelo, style 7, lux, tech, rear ent, well everything except adaptive, auto dip & smokers pack ). Being told poss march delivery ( ordered 14th nov ) can't wait for the day because my dad, brother & me have all ordered one so should be a sight on collection with all 3 lined upVery Happy