Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Got the Call ..
WorldTraveler

Got the Call ..

To Finalise the order for submission this week, build date TBC.

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
04-01-2012 10:53am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

RE: Got the Call ..

(04-01-2012 10:53am)WorldTraveler Wrote:  To Finalise the order for submission this week, build date TBC.

Me too, however I am having trouble getting hold of the salesman, he is also having trouble getting hold of me! Our paths never seem to cross! (probably my faulf for sleeping most of the day after night shift)

Have sent him an email giving my spec and will try calling him again later on!

You ordered a full month after me so the dealer either has a very large allocation of cars this month or they havent taken many orders during that month.
Just spoke to salesman, build showing 9th March at present, delivery to dealer for 26th March.

Sod's law dictates that having waited so long for the car I shall be in Norway when it gets delivered. Bugger lol.

Dealer did say that this date could change though, Im keeping my fingers crossed it might come forward to beginning of march or at least to before 20th When i go on my travels!

Then again last year I went away to Norway, left the girlfriend with the keys to my scirocco, came back to a flashing dashboard and it needin g a new ABS loom! So maybe best if it comes later to keep her hands off it!
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2012 03:23pm by ED209.)
04-01-2012 02:31pm
Daglass

That's excellent news for you both...after a seriously long wait.

Pure 5 Door, SD4, Orkney Grey, Pano Roof, Style 6 Alloys, Front Sensors, Rear Camera, Fogs, Tailgate
Ordered - October 15 2011
Built - March 30 2012
Delivery - April 18 2012
Sold - December 24 2014
04-01-2012 03:58pm
THEMACS

(04-01-2012 02:31pm)ED209 Wrote:  Me too, however I am having trouble getting hold of the salesman, he is also having trouble getting hold of me! Our paths never seem to cross! (probably my faulf for sleeping most of the day after night shift)

Have sent him an email giving my spec and will try calling him again later on!

You ordered a full month after me so the dealer either has a very large allocation of cars this month or they havent taken many orders during that month.
Just spoke to salesman, build showing 9th March at present, delivery to dealer for 26th March.

Sod's law dictates that having waited so long for the car I shall be in Norway when it gets delivered. Bugger lol.

Dealer did say that this date could change though, Im keeping my fingers crossed it might come forward to beginning of march or at least to before 20th When i go on my travels!

Then again last year I went away to Norway, left the girlfriend with the keys to my scirocco, came back to a flashing dashboard and it needin g a new ABS loom! So maybe best if it comes later to keep her hands off it!

That seems a while off!! When was your order called? As part of Dec order call or January??

My dealer called me on 28 December and said that ours had gone into order pool before Christmas and that we should take delivery on 1 March 2012, maybe it won't be ready for then, best check!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
04-01-2012 04:43pm
ED209

23rd december call i think, i did tell him it seemed like a long wait compared to others dates. Suppose it may come forward though
04-01-2012 05:22pm
gibbyd

Got the Call ..

So put my order in around the 15th of Dec and dealer saying can deliver for March 4th and if not will lend me a vehicle.
Am I being misled ?
04-01-2012 10:27pm
THEMACS

(04-01-2012 10:27pm)gibbyd Wrote:  So put my order in around the 15th of Dec and dealer saying can deliver for March 4th and if not will lend me a vehicle.
Am I being misled ?

What!!! You only put a deposit down in december and expecting March Delivery, maybe 2013!! Unless it's a cancelled build slot he is filling, sounds very unlikely. I would have thought at least a six month lead time at the very very best!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
04-01-2012 10:38pm
Evo-king

(04-01-2012 10:27pm)gibbyd Wrote:  So put my order in around the 15th of Dec and dealer saying can deliver for March 4th and if not will lend me a vehicle.
Am I being misled ?

Where the heck did you order that one from, that's mind boggling quick?

Chances of a loan car are limited, people with serious delays struggled to get any, plenty of discussion about that on here.
(04-01-2012 10:38pm)THEMACS Wrote:  What!!! You only put a deposit down in december and expecting March Delivery, maybe 2013!! Unless it's a cancelled build slot he is filling, sounds very unlikely. I would have thought at least a six month lead time at the very very best!

With the factory gearing up to full production now the delays/order to delivery times are going to come down but it still seems odd when later orders overtake older orders.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2012 11:18pm by Evo-king.)
04-01-2012 11:16pm
gibbyd

Got the Call ..

We will see what happens, will keep you informed of my progress or lack of it lol.
04-01-2012 11:20pm
Nowaytk

Got a call today, got to go into LPR sometime next week for vista ( whatever that is? ) to confirm spec ( prestige, 5 door, barelo, style 7, lux, tech, rear ent, well everything except adaptive, auto dip & smokers pack ). Being told poss march delivery ( ordered 14th nov ) can't wait for the day because my dad, brother & me have all ordered one so should be a sight on collection with all 3 lined upVery Happy
05-01-2012 04:02pm