babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
How would you describe the Evoque? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: How would you describe the Evoque? (/Thread-How-would-you-describe-the-Evoque)

Pages: 1 2

How would you describe the Evoque? - Evo-king - 11-12-2011 11:49pm

I myself would have to go down the Iconic route, previous British Cars like the Mini and E type were in that group.

It got me thinking about this because my daughter and her partner came around today, his journey to work always involves a motorway run and he said he sees lots of loaded transporters on their delivery runs. My wife then said "I'm trying to think of the best way to describe the Evoque, I know it's a really SEXY car!"

RE: How would you describe the Evoque? - exigejoe - 11-12-2011 11:50pm

Its a wannabe hot hatch trapped in the body mini-ute! Its got style and grace.

RE: How would you describe the Evoque? - Ezandania - 12-12-2011 02:16am

Gorgeous. Stunning. ICONIC. Evokes emotions. A design benchmark. Addictive. Mesmerising. Head-turner. Opulent. Trendsetter. Awesome road presence. Deceptively capable. Happy pill.

RE: How would you describe the Evoque? - XFullFatTim - 12-12-2011 07:59am

Do you really think it will become an icon? The Land Rover/ Defender and Classic RR are icons but I don't see Evoque being iconic - it will be copied by too many other makers trying to get a piece of the beauty stakes action whereas no other makers were brave enough to copy the Defender style Land Rovers or the Classic RR. It was a brave move for a really conservative company with really conservative buyers in the ranks to produce the Evoque but there are too many other designs like the Scirrocco and Volvo C30 that Evoque has to compete with to be an icon. I do see it as a trendsetter though, just like the original Range Rover, the Disco1 and Disco3 and current L322 RR - all outstanding cars in their own right even if they weren't the most reliable or best built cars around - just look how many makers have copied the ideas, whereas no other manufacturers have tried to porduce their own Mini, X1, X5, X6, Q7, Cayenne and all of those except the Mini have been spun off the original Range Rover and Disco

RE: How would you describe the Evoque? - EVO PUNDITT - 12-12-2011 09:36am

Just like the iphone everybody wants one. So this has to be the Apple of all 4x4's

RE: How would you describe the Evoque? - ED209 - 12-12-2011 10:54am

(12-12-2011 09:36am)EVO PUNDITT Wrote:  Just like the iphone everybody wants one. So this has to be the Apple of all 4x4's

I dont and have never wanted an iphone

RE: How would you describe the Evoque? - Daglass - 12-12-2011 11:44am

one word - DELAYED!

RE: How would you describe the Evoque? - fam1x - 12-12-2011 12:04pm

Lost for words becuase of the DELAYS and lack of communications from LR and Dealers Sad

Otherwise the best looking 4X4 after the RRS

RE: How would you describe the Evoque? - Ezandania - 12-12-2011 01:01pm

Its an icon, cos icons are the ones always being copied (unfortunately). Thats the problem by being original, it leads to a lot of copycats. Just like the ipod/ipad/iphone model, so many wannabes mushroomed. Just like how the Mini generated the hot-hatch revolution, evoque will generate the coupe crossover revolution.

And similarly, not just the evoque design will be copied...so will the marketing strategy.

RE: How would you describe the Evoque? - Token - 12-12-2011 01:29pm

I would describe it simply as a 'Game Changer'