babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Xenon Headlights - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Xenon Headlights (/Thread-Xenon-Headlights)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Xenon Headlights - mildfeverz - 09-09-2012 09:38am

(08-09-2012 04:54pm)nf3d0149ab Wrote:  Hey mildfeverz,

Any updates available on this?

Thanks.

Very Happy I finally got the 2 new OEM Xenon/DRL headlights in my hands. I met with the Dealer Service Manager and then with the Dealer Service Tech to assess the issue. It seems that [as I gathered from researching] that there are 2 types of types of wiring harness' that are used on these trucks. 1 for the halogens and 1 for the Xenon and a variation for the adaptive Xenons. Adding OEM Xenons to the Halogen fitted trucks will work with either adding the level sensor system circuit that is on the OEM Xenon harness or rewiring directly the Xenon circuit [which I have chosen] and this would bypass the sensor issue. I have yet to 'bench-test' my add-on circuit as I have ordered water proof plugs to splice internal lines on the new headlight wiring. I have energized the correct pins on the 16 pin plug to test the DRL's and the OEM Xenon ballast circuitry themselves to get it working. Once bench tested with my completed wiring add-on, my next step is to install the headlights and check operation of the DRL's to see how they work with: a] being "ON" w/ignition and headlights off, b] parking light switch on, c] headlights on.
And, by the way, this Dealer will NOT install these, due to the non-existing wiring circuit and components necessary to get the Xenons working, on my own truck. Unable to estimate hours labor and/or Liability issue, I believe. The Tech wanted me to return and would like to see once I completed this job.
That's it for now!
Mfz Thumbs Up

RE: Xenon Headlights - nf3d0149ab - 13-09-2012 05:20am

(09-09-2012 09:38am)mildfeverz Wrote:  Very Happy I finally got the 2 new OEM Xenon/DRL headlights in my hands. I met with the Dealer Service Manager and then with the Dealer Service Tech to assess the issue. It seems that [as I gathered from researching] that there are 2 types of types of wiring harness' that are used on these trucks. 1 for the halogens and 1 for the Xenon and a variation for the adaptive Xenons. Adding OEM Xenons to the Halogen fitted trucks will work with either adding the level sensor system circuit that is on the OEM Xenon harness or rewiring directly the Xenon circuit [which I have chosen] and this would bypass the sensor issue. I have yet to 'bench-test' my add-on circuit as I have ordered water proof plugs to splice internal lines on the new headlight wiring. I have energized the correct pins on the 16 pin plug to test the DRL's and the OEM Xenon ballast circuitry themselves to get it working. Once bench tested with my completed wiring add-on, my next step is to install the headlights and check operation of the DRL's to see how they work with: a] being "ON" w/ignition and headlights off, b] parking light switch on, c] headlights on.
And, by the way, this Dealer will NOT install these, due to the non-existing wiring circuit and components necessary to get the Xenons working, on my own truck. Unable to estimate hours labor and/or Liability issue, I believe. The Tech wanted me to return and would like to see once I completed this job.
That's it for now!
Mfz Thumbs Up

Ohhhh man - thanks for the update but damn I wish I could figure out where I could take this to be modified. Please keep me posted if you can and the information was really helpful. Hopefully I could find someone who understands how to do something like that because you really need a variety of skills to complete this mod.

Xenon Headlights - RREHAGS - 03-10-2012 12:19am

Here is the modification done to the one I'm picking up this week. Evoque pure plus with original halogen projection. Replaced build with xenon and added LED accent strip aftermarket. I do wish I could get the signature but not been able to find yet. Don't care about adaptive too much.

Post more picks once I pick it up if anyone interested. This is the pic the seller sent me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RE: Xenon Headlights - cutter7 - 03-10-2012 07:44am

(03-10-2012 12:19am)RREHAGS Wrote:  Here is the modification done to the one I'm picking up this week. Evoque pure plus with original halogen projection. Replaced build with xenon and added LED accent strip aftermarket. I do wish I could get the signature but not been able to find yet. Don't care about adaptive too much.

Post more picks once I pick it up if anyone interested. This is the pic the seller sent me.

A single strip LED would of looked much better if it was available IMHO, rather than the dotted KIA type.

RE: Xenon Headlights - XFullFatTim - 03-10-2012 09:18am

RREHags - how did you get around the requirement to have self-levelling on Xenon headlights?

Xenon Headlights - RREHAGS - 03-10-2012 12:42pm

(03-10-2012 09:18am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  RREHags - how did you get around the requirement to have self-levelling on Xenon headlights?

Not sure yet. Lol. Buying it this way. Cross my fingers I don't get a fine.

RE: Xenon Headlights - WB - 03-10-2012 02:02pm

(03-10-2012 12:42pm)RREHAGS Wrote:  Not sure yet. Lol. Buying it this way. Cross my fingers I don't get a fine.

Its a UK requirement but probably worth checking if it is in Canada. I think it would only be spotted in an MOT type test - not sure if you have an equivalent?

Xenon Headlights - RREHAGS - 03-10-2012 03:32pm

(03-10-2012 07:44am)cutter7 Wrote:  A single strip LED would of looked much better if it was available IMHO, rather than the dotted KIA type.

I kind of agree. The minute someone tells me there is an aftermarket sub for the signature LEDs I'm in. Appreciate the opinion. I may change it.

RE: Xenon Headlights - mildfeverz - 14-10-2012 04:50pm

Ohhhh man - thanks for the update but damn I wish I could figure out where I could take this to be modified. Please keep me posted if you can and the information was really helpful. Hopefully I could find someone who understands how to do something like that because you really need a variety of skills to complete this mod.
[/quote]

I finally completed my OEM HID/DRL conversion from Halogens. It took longer than expected . . . but it looks/operates like factory installed.

[Image: P1012177.jpg]

[Image: P1012176.jpg]

[Image: P1012175.jpg]

[Image: P1012173a.jpg]

[Image: P1012172a.jpg]

[Image: P1012168a.jpg]

MzLaughingWhistleThumbs Up

RE: Xenon Headlights - vcanals - 14-10-2012 06:18pm

Not sure, but I think you are the first one that made the conversion work... many tried it with a result that either the signature led drl or the xenons didnĀ“t work. Congratulations, really well done Bow down