babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Spare Wheel - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Spare Wheel (/Thread-Spare-Wheel--1863)

Pages: 1 2

Spare Wheel - Big G - 14-11-2011 02:26pm

I've ordered this as an extra, after my experience of using the repair kits, and was wondering where it was stored, obvious I know but assuming just in the boot well ?

RE: Spare Wheel - bluebear - 14-11-2011 02:34pm

Yes, in the boot where you would expect it to be in other cars

RE: Spare Wheel - defender_uk - 14-11-2011 03:21pm

yep in boot....so no room for owt else....

RE: Spare Wheel - Big G - 14-11-2011 06:27pm

(14-11-2011 03:21pm)defender_uk Wrote:  yep in boot....so no room for owt else....

Sorry to be dense - I expected it to go in the boot well and then be covered with the 'cover' as such leaving the normal space - are you saying it goes on top - like where you'd put your shopping?

RE: Spare Wheel - Iain S - 14-11-2011 07:08pm

It does go in the floor well in the boot with the floor cover above it leaving the normal boot space for luggage. I saw a pic of it somwhere but can't recall where.

RE: Spare Wheel - kkzt190 - 14-11-2011 07:15pm

Good point. I didn't order one. Might get one after it arrives.

Did you get yours yet or waiting for the new 12 reg in Jan?

RE: Spare Wheel - RRE - 14-11-2011 07:56pm

I think it's difficult to have it after market because if you don't order the spare wheel, the space below the cover has a different shape and, actually, some additional few litres of space available for small luggage

Spare Wheel - ceebee - 14-11-2011 08:07pm

I have the spare wheel in mine and it fits under the regular "floor" of the boot. It sits in a different moulding than the tyre repair system.
However, I can't see any reason as to why you couldn't do it aftermarket as long as you could get the moulding as well as the wheel?
I was surprised when my dealer told me that mine was the first he had seen with a spare wheel as I thought most people would opt for it in case a tyre split after a puncture, but maybe not the case?

RE: Spare Wheel - lrdaft - 14-11-2011 08:13pm

I never bothered with a spare that's what land rover assistance is for!Laughing
Don't think we will need them for anything else,need to keep them in employment somehowWink

RE: Spare Wheel - berlin2011 - 14-11-2011 08:41pm

(14-11-2011 07:56pm)RRE Wrote:  I think it's difficult to have it after market because if you don't order the spare wheel, the space below the cover has a different shape and, actually, some additional few litres of space available for small luggage

Here's a pic of the regular moulding - now imagine that with a big circular shape where the spare fits in.

[attachment=672]