Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spare Wheel
Big G

Spare Wheel

I've ordered this as an extra, after my experience of using the repair kits, and was wondering where it was stored, obvious I know but assuming just in the boot well ?
14-11-2011 02:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bluebear

RE: Spare Wheel

Yes, in the boot where you would expect it to be in other cars

Collected - Pure Coupe SD4 Tech Auto, fuji with Almond/Expresso interior. Style 5 19" alloys, panoramic roof, xenons, privacy glass, electric adjustment exterior mirrors, rear camera, park assist, fog lamps, spare wheel
14-11-2011 02:34pm
defender_uk

yep in boot....so no room for owt else....

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
14-11-2011 03:21pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Big G

(14-11-2011 03:21pm)defender_uk Wrote:  yep in boot....so no room for owt else....

Sorry to be dense - I expected it to go in the boot well and then be covered with the 'cover' as such leaving the normal space - are you saying it goes on top - like where you'd put your shopping?
14-11-2011 06:27pm
Iain S

It does go in the floor well in the boot with the floor cover above it leaving the normal boot space for luggage. I saw a pic of it somwhere but can't recall where.

Arrived: Dynamic Si4 Coupe Firenze Red/Narvik Black
Arrived: Dynamic Plus Sd4 5 Door Fuji White
(This post was last modified: 14-11-2011 07:09pm by Iain S.)
14-11-2011 07:08pm
kkzt190

Good point. I didn't order one. Might get one after it arrives.

Did you get yours yet or waiting for the new 12 reg in Jan?
14-11-2011 07:15pm
RRE

I think it's difficult to have it after market because if you don't order the spare wheel, the space below the cover has a different shape and, actually, some additional few litres of space available for small luggage
14-11-2011 07:56pm
ceebee

Spare Wheel

I have the spare wheel in mine and it fits under the regular "floor" of the boot. It sits in a different moulding than the tyre repair system.
However, I can't see any reason as to why you couldn't do it aftermarket as long as you could get the moulding as well as the wheel?
I was surprised when my dealer told me that mine was the first he had seen with a spare wheel as I thought most people would opt for it in case a tyre split after a puncture, but maybe not the case?

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
14-11-2011 08:07pm
lrdaft

I never bothered with a spare that's what land rover assistance is for!Laughing
Don't think we will need them for anything else,need to keep them in employment somehowWink

Pure sd4 auto Fuji cirrus
14-11-2011 08:13pm
berlin2011

(14-11-2011 07:56pm)RRE Wrote:  I think it's difficult to have it after market because if you don't order the spare wheel, the space below the cover has a different shape and, actually, some additional few litres of space available for small luggage

Here's a pic of the regular moulding - now imagine that with a big circular shape where the spare fits in.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
14-11-2011 08:41pm