babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Confirming build date - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Confirming build date (/Thread-Confirming-build-date)

Confirming build date - D34no - 30-10-2011 07:40pm

Hi Guys,

Following my last post about my 4 month delay, I have managed to find a dealer with a cancelled order of the exact spec I want!! He has said that the build date is 26th November.

Bearing in mind my build date on the car I ordered in January was 23rd November, only 2 weeks ago, and has now been put back to February 2012, how can I take his word that this is the actual build date? Is there anything that he would have which could prove this will not move?

Also, do you recon they will return my deposit if I cancel my original order bearing in mind how much they have mucked us around?? I guess the only way to find out is to give it a go....

RE: Confirming build date - Token - 30-10-2011 07:49pm

I would expect them to return the deposit and I think they will...it's not as if they will have a problem selling your slot.

As for assurances on the other Build date, not chance...I am only 3 days away from collecting my car and that is not in any way assured.

All it takes is for them to find a fault with a componant or to have a supplier issue and further delays will happen....that's what can happen with new products.

Also, if they do find a fault with any of the componants or a design flaw (not uncommon with new models) then they will have to resolve the customers already with cars rather than worry about new builds.

So it's a gamble...probably one worth taking, but please don't listen to any guarantees should the dealer try to give you any...because quite simply, they can't!

RE: Confirming build date - Daigriff - 30-10-2011 07:59pm

I'm with Token...absolutely no guarantees...its a gamble...you could conceivably move your deposit and end up getting the new one later!!!!

I'd only swap if I found one at a dealers available for immediate delivery in my spec.

Confirming build date - D34no - 30-10-2011 10:18pm

Cheers guys.

RE: Confirming build date - The Valeter - 31-10-2011 12:02am

(30-10-2011 07:40pm)D34no Wrote:  Hi Guys,

Following my last post about my 4 month delay, I have managed to find a dealer with a cancelled order of the exact spec I want!! He has said that the build date is 26th November.

Bearing in mind my build date on the car I ordered in January was 23rd November, only 2 weeks ago, and has now been put back to February 2012, how can I take his word that this is the actual build date? Is there anything that he would have which could prove this will not move?

Also, do you recon they will return my deposit if I cancel my original order bearing in mind how much they have mucked us around?? I guess the only way to find out is to give it a go....

Advertise your build slot/deposit on Ebay & you might double your money (depending on how much you put down) then you get your money back & maybe make a bit & the dealer has no work to do other than change customer details.

That's what I will do if I have to blow out for any reason!

RE: Confirming build date - attribute - 31-10-2011 11:40pm

Hi Guys

Thought I'd say hello - first post!
Got order placed on 16th Oct.. not got order confirmation yet, let alone a build date! Hoping that I'll get some info soon. Not ordered a car and had to wait for it - have always been able to pull a car from stock. Kinda liking the wait though in a funny sort of way - think its the building anticipation of great things to come.

RE: Confirming build date - swiss tony - 01-11-2011 11:49am

request a vista prinit off for anticpated build and delivery date. nothing is set in ston e though as there are many things that can still cause delay - on any car order not just EV