Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Confirming build date
D34no

Confirming build date

Hi Guys,

Following my last post about my 4 month delay, I have managed to find a dealer with a cancelled order of the exact spec I want!! He has said that the build date is 26th November.

Bearing in mind my build date on the car I ordered in January was 23rd November, only 2 weeks ago, and has now been put back to February 2012, how can I take his word that this is the actual build date? Is there anything that he would have which could prove this will not move?

Also, do you recon they will return my deposit if I cancel my original order bearing in mind how much they have mucked us around?? I guess the only way to find out is to give it a go....
30-10-2011 07:40pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Token

RE: Confirming build date

I would expect them to return the deposit and I think they will...it's not as if they will have a problem selling your slot.

As for assurances on the other Build date, not chance...I am only 3 days away from collecting my car and that is not in any way assured.

All it takes is for them to find a fault with a componant or to have a supplier issue and further delays will happen....that's what can happen with new products.

Also, if they do find a fault with any of the componants or a design flaw (not uncommon with new models) then they will have to resolve the customers already with cars rather than worry about new builds.

So it's a gamble...probably one worth taking, but please don't listen to any guarantees should the dealer try to give you any...because quite simply, they can't!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
30-10-2011 07:49pm
Daigriff

I'm with Token...absolutely no guarantees...its a gamble...you could conceivably move your deposit and end up getting the new one later!!!!

I'd only swap if I found one at a dealers available for immediate delivery in my spec.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
30-10-2011 07:59pm
D34no

Confirming build date

Cheers guys.
30-10-2011 10:18pm
The Valeter

(30-10-2011 07:40pm)D34no Wrote:  Hi Guys,

Following my last post about my 4 month delay, I have managed to find a dealer with a cancelled order of the exact spec I want!! He has said that the build date is 26th November.

Bearing in mind my build date on the car I ordered in January was 23rd November, only 2 weeks ago, and has now been put back to February 2012, how can I take his word that this is the actual build date? Is there anything that he would have which could prove this will not move?

Also, do you recon they will return my deposit if I cancel my original order bearing in mind how much they have mucked us around?? I guess the only way to find out is to give it a go....

Advertise your build slot/deposit on Ebay & you might double your money (depending on how much you put down) then you get your money back & maybe make a bit & the dealer has no work to do other than change customer details.

That's what I will do if I have to blow out for any reason!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
31-10-2011 12:02am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
attribute

Hi Guys

Thought I'd say hello - first post!
Got order placed on 16th Oct.. not got order confirmation yet, let alone a build date! Hoping that I'll get some info soon. Not ordered a car and had to wait for it - have always been able to pull a car from stock. Kinda liking the wait though in a funny sort of way - think its the building anticipation of great things to come.

OO: Pure SD4, auto, orkney grey, style 6s, meridian 825, privacy, fogs, mats, pano roof, wipers, lights, puddle mirrors, sp wheel.
Current: A5 2.0tfsi, Freelander SE.
Previous: Lexus is250;Alfa 147 2.0;BMW M3;Audi TT 225;Honda CRX;MG metro;Triumph Spitfire;Citroen 2cv
31-10-2011 11:40pm
swiss tony

request a vista prinit off for anticpated build and delivery date. nothing is set in ston e though as there are many things that can still cause delay - on any car order not just EV
01-11-2011 11:49am