babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Speculators Speculating Highly. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Speculators Speculating Highly. (/Thread-Speculators-Speculating-Highly)

Pages: 1 2

Speculators Speculating Highly. - The Valeter - 30-10-2011 06:05pm

Prices a bit OTT if you ask me Shocked

http://www.turbocentre.co.uk/showroom.php?man=Range%20Rover%20Evoque

RE: Speculators Speculating Highly. - defender_uk - 30-10-2011 06:15pm

well, yes it is, but if they can get it.....people must be willing to pay it....

RE: Speculators Speculating Highly. - PhilSkill - 31-10-2011 12:06am

Wow 7-8000 markup, whats annoying is these guys have the cars to sell while we still wait, I know LR cant do much about it, but shame they soak up the early supply for profit. But then if people are prepared to pay that mark up 'cause they cant wait or didnt bother to get involved in the early days, bigger fool them.

RE: Speculators Speculating Highly. - defender_uk - 31-10-2011 02:59am

fully agree with you Philskill

RE: Speculators Speculating Highly. - ED209 - 31-10-2011 06:34pm

how the hell did they get hold of all of those cars?

RE: Speculators Speculating Highly. - ytshome - 31-10-2011 07:43pm

(31-10-2011 06:34pm)ED209 Wrote:  how the hell did they get hold of all of those cars?

Just plain wrong isn't it?

RE: Speculators Speculating Highly. - XFullFatTim - 31-10-2011 07:56pm

BUT, they are all pre-registered cars except for one, so either dealerships are selling on their demo cars or owners are cashing in after taking delivery. I'm sure if any of us with cars were interested we too could sell at a good profit but I enjoy my car too much to want to, and anyway in another 9 months I'm sure that the bubble will have burst and some non-franchise dealers will be left holding some very expensive stock

RE: Speculators Speculating Highly. - DynamicRRV - 31-10-2011 08:18pm

I was offered £50k for mine today but I politely declined the offer.

RE: Speculators Speculating Highly. - The Valeter - 31-10-2011 08:51pm

(31-10-2011 06:34pm)ED209 Wrote:  how the hell did they get hold of all of those cars?

Probably ordered them literally as soon as the build a car became available I would think in anticipation for the demand, annoying but I guess if they can get a buyer good on them. I however would not buy one at an inflated price, cars lose enough as it is.
(31-10-2011 08:18pm)DynamicRRV Wrote:  I was offered £50k for mine today but I politely declined the offer.

Hells Bells....

RE: Speculators Speculating Highly. - bell-auto-services - 31-10-2011 09:18pm

I assume from my eperiences they can buy or deposit on as many as they want if they get in first at the dealers.

I ordered 2 cars, a 5 door and a coupe. since my 5 door came first and i was well happy with it I did the honest thing and gave up my coupe slot/car which is now at the dealers of which I could if I wished have paid for and sold on at a proffit. I just personally choose to say no and let the next customer in the list for that spec of car have it.

I think it was my good turn for the year lol

Pete