babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Audi to move TT down market in the UK - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/Forum-Off-Topic)
+---- Forum: Other Vehicles (/Forum-Other-Vehicles)
+---- Thread: Audi to move TT down market in the UK (/Thread-Audi-to-move-TT-down-market-in-the-UK)

Pages: 1 2

Audi to move TT down market in the UK - XFullFatTim - 21-10-2011 04:43pm

According to Autocar this week Audi has decided to launch a bargain basement £24000 TT Coupe with a 1.8TFSi engine. Could they be loosing sales of the previous entry level 2.0 TFSi car to the Evoque Pure by any chance?

RE: Audi to move TT down market in the UK - exigejoe - 21-10-2011 04:49pm

two completely different cars to compare. semi sport car coupe vs lux semi-offroad mini suv, imo!

RE: Audi to move TT down market in the UK - XFullFatTim - 21-10-2011 05:08pm

TT was one of LR's targets along with the Mini, they even evaluated the Evoque against the TT during testing. TT is right in Evoque Coupe's sights

RE: Audi to move TT down market in the UK - rchrdleigh - 21-10-2011 05:38pm

(21-10-2011 05:08pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  TT was one of LR's targets along with the Mini, they even evaluated the Evoque against the TT during testing. TT is right in Evoque Coupe's sights

I attended a test session where the Evoque was up against a TT and the Evoque was rated better overall on road by all those taking part.

RE: Audi to move TT down market in the UK - ytshome - 21-10-2011 10:28pm

(21-10-2011 04:49pm)exigejoe Wrote:  two completely different cars to compare. semi sport car coupe vs lux semi-offroad mini suv, imo!

I think that I've read many threads on here from TT owners and prospective owners doing just that. I'm with FullFat!

RE: Audi to move TT down market in the UK - exigejoe - 21-10-2011 11:19pm

IDK it to me its like saying hey should i buy that Lotus Elise or that two door Rav-4
apples and oranges..imo!

RE: Audi to move TT down market in the UK - Evoqess - 22-10-2011 12:10am

<= ex Audi TTS owner seduced by the Evoque after a torrid 6 mth affair. (Admittedly it was the higher HP, magneride etc so completely justifiable lol)

So some TT owners have been successfully lured, because we/they have an eye for style and have decided that the Evoque is a better vehicle for their purposes.

RE: Audi to move TT down market in the UK - Username1 - 25-10-2011 06:24am

Another ex-Mk2 TT owner here!

RE: Audi to move TT down market in the UK - jiggyjaggy - 25-10-2011 09:51am

Evoquess hit the nail on the head. Exactly my thoughts. And doing the same!

RE: Audi to move TT down market in the UK - jos - 25-10-2011 09:56am

after 4 years tt mk1
and
4 years tt mk 2
(and 10 months mini countryman)
i ordered de evoque !
so.................no further comment