babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Fitting towbar - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Fitting towbar (/Thread-Fitting-towbar)

Pages: 1 2

Fitting towbar - kennyh - 17-10-2011 11:18pm

I'm will be getting a towbar fitted to take my bike rack.

But do I give £600 to the dealer or do I fit one (original spec RR) myself and save a few quid? Is it any easy(ish) fit?

I've fitted numerous towbars in the past, but those have not needed a computer update.

Do you know if a computer update is required ( to enable electrics harness for example )?

RE: Fitting towbar - XFullFatTim - 17-10-2011 11:25pm

I have the removable towbar, fitting involves cutting the rear valance, the electrics are plug and play supposedly

RE: Fitting towbar - mark_n - 18-10-2011 05:21pm

You can find the fitting instructions on Topix. It's at the "difficult" end of the DIY sprectrum as I see it. There is a rubber strip which fits over the cut edge of the cutout but not really first prize.

RE: Fitting towbar - defender_uk - 18-10-2011 06:00pm

The electrics are apparently an absolute nightmare....get it fitted....just not worth the hassle...

RE: Fitting towbar - Daigriff - 18-10-2011 06:27pm

(18-10-2011 06:00pm)defender_uk Wrote:  The electrics are apparently an absolute nightmare....get it fitted....just not worth the hassle...

totally agree, getting mine done by the dealer.

RE: Fitting towbar - Pricy147 - 20-10-2011 04:53pm

how much are removable towbars costing you all fitted?

RE: Fitting towbar - BFGEvoqueMan - 24-10-2011 12:31pm

(18-10-2011 06:00pm)defender_uk Wrote:  The electrics are apparently an absolute nightmare....get it fitted....just not worth the hassle...

I agree that the cutting of the bumper for the towbar is a bit of a phaff, but the electrics are the art of simplicity, one plug to connect and two fuses to be inserted into the fuse box (no coding required).Confused

RE: Fitting towbar - XFullFatTim - 24-10-2011 12:42pm

How to install 13 pin Electrics is in a PDF here http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10206/Tow_electrics_13_Pin.pdf

Fitting towbar - QueJumper - 19-11-2011 06:33pm

Does anybody have any pics of the QR towbar fitted to a Dynamic?

Also want it for a bike rack but it must make the rear diffuser look awful depending how good the guy is that does the cut out so not sure it's worth the risk (and the £800 quote fitted!)

RE: Fitting towbar - IKM - 19-11-2011 08:22pm

I got a detachable towbar fitted to my FL2 by an independent towbar fitter. It works fine, but the wiring for electrics weren't very tidy, and the side panels in the boot weren't refitted all that well. If I was doing it again I'd leave it to my main dealer ..... Plus there may be warranty issues if other electrics are affected (if that can happen). I know it's a lot dearer, but all relative to the overall cost of the car. Ian