babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Double posts - here's the cure - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Site News & Feedback (/Forum-Site-News-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Double posts - here's the cure (/Thread-Double-posts-here-s-the-cure)

Pages: 1 2 3

Double posts - here's the cure - vision*R - 08-10-2011 10:04am

Some people may experience double posts on the forum. You write one reply and the forum software repeats it so you get it twice.
The software behind the forum is not compatible with Internet Explorer 9. A simple cure is to use "compatibility mode" which makes IE9 behave like IE version 8.

It's a little icon in your address bar (like a page that's torn in the middle), in between the search icon and the reload icon. It turns blue when you click it.
More details: http://windowstotal.com/how-to-enable-compatibility-view-in-internet-explorer-9/

Once compatibility mode is enabled, your browser will remember it for this website, so it will be blue whenever you come back.

RE: Double posts - here's the cure - XFullFatTim - 08-10-2011 10:21am

Thanks for the post Vision.

RE: Double posts - here's the cure - Martin - 08-10-2011 10:25am

Great, thanks for finding that out, I will see what can be done for full IE9 compatibility. But why on earth they keep changing how IE works and creating more work for site operators I can't quite grasp Evil

RE: Double posts - here's the cure - DynamicRRV - 08-10-2011 10:35am

Think I may have to have the credit for sorting this out.....so I shall pat myself on the back....Smile Smile

RE: Double posts - here's the cure - Martin - 08-10-2011 10:36am

I've now applied a fix which should sort out IE9 compatibility.

Feedback from IE9 users who haven't switched to Compatibility mode, or are OK to switch it back off, would be appreciated Thumbs Up

RE: Double posts - here's the cure - cjfp - 08-10-2011 04:21pm

I now can't click on the Evoque on the front page to make it change to 'all posts read' (if that makes any sense!)

RE: Double posts - here's the cure - Martin - 08-10-2011 04:27pm

Change reverted for the meantime.

RE: Double posts - here's the cure - benzina - 12-10-2011 02:00pm

Why does the ''Delete Post'' not work? I had ticked the box for this specific task, then pressed delete post, but it does not take. What could be the problem?

RE: Double posts - here's the cure - Martin - 12-10-2011 02:14pm

Deleting is disabled.

RE: Double posts - here's the cure - mk82 - 12-10-2011 03:42pm

Firefox works great..Smile