babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Heads up - Fifth Gear review on 14th Oct. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Heads up - Fifth Gear review on 14th Oct. (/Thread-Heads-up-Fifth-Gear-review-on-14th-Oct)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Heads up - Fifth Gear review on 14th Oct. - PAT - 06-10-2011 08:57pm

Bit premature I know but noticed that the new series of Fifth Gear begins on Friday 14th at 19:30 on Channel 5 where 'the team take the much talked about RRE for an off-road spin'.

Not sure what their take on it will be but have the TiVo box primed in anticipation Wink

RE: Heads up - Fifth Gear review on 14th Oct. - mark_n - 06-10-2011 09:29pm

Where would we be without TiVo? Thanks for the heads-up...

RE: Heads up - Fifth Gear review on 14th Oct. - XFullFatTim - 09-10-2011 08:32pm

The internet is pretty good and you don't have to remember to set the timer or switch on the recorder. I don't have a TV at all except in the car, I watch all I want to watch on line on the iPlayer or C4OD or STV Player - can even watch some programmes live if I want to

RE: Heads up - Fifth Gear review on 14th Oct. - mywillia - 09-10-2011 10:30pm

Now that you have a TV in the Car do you need to get a TV Licence?Very Happy

RE: Heads up - Fifth Gear review on 14th Oct. - XFullFatTim - 10-10-2011 12:22am

Until I had broadband internet I didn't require a TV licence and it was a pain having the BBC come to search my house to check that I didn't have a TV (they just do not believe that some people prefer not to have one). However when BB came along and I found that I could get BBC iPlayer then I had to get a licence to watch the BBC - the iPlayer knows from your IP address where you are watching from and won't let you view if you don't have a licence or are trying to view online from outside the UK without a UK proxy IP address

RE: Heads up - Fifth Gear review on 14th Oct. - griff - 13-10-2011 10:27am

don't forget this folks

RE: Heads up - Fifth Gear review on 14th Oct. - ami_evo - 13-10-2011 10:36am

(10-10-2011 12:22am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Until I had broadband internet I didn't require a TV licence and it was a pain having the BBC come to search my house to check that I didn't have a TV (they just do not believe that some people prefer not to have one).

The BBC searches people's houses for TV licenses? Unbelivable...

RE: Heads up - Fifth Gear review on 14th Oct. - Barneyridge - 13-10-2011 01:40pm

Don't understand, you need a license to watch TV? Our brilliantly intelligent govt just introduced a tax on air we breath out (co2).

RE: Heads up - Fifth Gear review on 14th Oct. - GibEvoque - 13-10-2011 01:59pm

Interestingly we get iPlayer in Gibraltar, and do not have tv licenses, something to do with the MoD i think.

RE: Heads up - Fifth Gear review on 14th Oct. - XFullFatTim - 13-10-2011 05:09pm

(13-10-2011 10:36am)ameer Wrote:  The BBC searches people's houses for TV licenses? Unbelivable...

No the BBC searches your house looking for TV sets that you don't have a licence for - and they insist on doing it every 3 months if you don't have a TV! They have no right to entry and they cannot get a warrant to search either. What they do is use bravado/ bluster to scare you into letting them in. I ended up in the situation of a neighbour who is a beat policeman threatening to arrest the inspector for harassment ....................... for pretty obvious reasons they don't like to make an appointment either! The visits stopped when I got a licence but it was very stressful while it was going on.