babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Has your build/delivery date been put back? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Has your build/delivery date been put back? (/Thread-Has-your-build-delivery-date-been-put-back)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - GibEvoque - 10-11-2011 08:51pm

(10-11-2011 05:37pm)tetstb Wrote:  Ian

I've only just heard my dealer today confess to the delays and he said they wouldnt be providing courtesy cars as they simply dont have them.

Landrover were very approachable and very helpful , I rang the 0870 5000500 number and a chap called me back, admitted the build was delayed and could be January but wouldnt commit to even that.

I've had it, this was my first LR/RR experience having had a string of Germans and I have decided to look elsewhere.

I have a delivery slot at Stratstone in Cupar for a fully loaded Dynamic SD4 in OG if anyone wants it or I will be cancelling tomorrow.

I needed this for winter so I wll now go and buy something cheap to see us through and probably end up with an M3 or S5 gerrie
toy instead.

Think you will find same story if you order the audi or bmw, reason i looked away from Q5 was a 12 month waiting list. But out of those two go for the M3 the're so much fun.

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - tetstb - 11-11-2011 04:51pm

Can have a Q5 from stock at a local Audi dealer where my mate works within 4 weeks. The most annoying thing is that dealers don't rally seem to be being proactive enough, I have to keep digging for answers and only now have they admitted an issue.

Issue of courtesy car was met with a flat no, simply said we don't have any.

They know fine they will sell the cars when they eventually arrive so there is no great need for them to give a monkeys if I cancel or not.

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - Mag1c_dragon - 11-11-2011 04:52pm

Hey guys

First post here, but have been quietly lurking for a while.

I placed my order in June and was given a build date of 25th November in July. Like a lot of others comms have been terrible and I have had to chase for snippets of information.

Anyway, as I am only a few weeks from build date, I called today to confirm all was well - they have refused to commit before. However, I got confirmation that my order was on track and still due to be built 25th. She even gave me my Registration Number and will get back to me with Chassis number as soon as she receives it from factory. I know that this doesn't 100% mean it will get built on that date, but signs are looking promising for now.

I have ordered a 5 Door Dynamic Diesel, with Pano Roof (amongst other things) so wasn't really holding out for a pre-christmas delivery - lets hope it actually happens!

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - Evo-king - 11-11-2011 06:58pm

(11-11-2011 04:52pm)Mag1c_dragon Wrote:  Hey guys

First post here, but have been quietly lurking for a while.

I placed my order in June and was given a build date of 25th November in July. Like a lot of others comms have been terrible and I have had to chase for snippets of information.

Anyway, as I am only a few weeks from build date, I called today to confirm all was well - they have refused to commit before. However, I got confirmation that my order was on track and still due to be built 25th. She even gave me my Registration Number and will get back to me with Chassis number as soon as she receives it from factory. I know that this doesn't 100% mean it will get built on that date, but signs are looking promising for now.

I have ordered a 5 Door Dynamic Diesel, with Pano Roof (amongst other things) so wasn't really holding out for a pre-christmas delivery - lets hope it actually happens!

Welcome to the forum.

Some interesting points you've raised.

I would prefer to hear that your dealer has a VIN Number, however, I didn't think you could be allocated a Reg number, before the existence of a VIN as DVLA need this info, but, I am prepared to be corrected if this isn't so.

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - Mag1c_dragon - 11-11-2011 08:48pm

I will feel happier once I have a VIN too. She said I got the Registration number due to the 2 week closure at the factory - extract from email below. Maybe the factory have actually matched Registration and VIN, but only told dealer Registration? I didn't get to pick from a selection, which has always been the case with any other new car I have bought ..

"No hold ups all on track

As the holidays are getting closer and the factory will close down for two weeks we are giving customers registration numbers and yours will be **61 *** so you are able to arrange for your insurance to be scanned over to me

I will let you no as soon as I have the chassis number"

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - Evo-king - 11-11-2011 09:56pm

(11-11-2011 08:48pm)Mag1c_dragon Wrote:  I will feel happier once I have a VIN too. She said I got the Registration number due to the 2 week closure at the factory - extract from email below. Maybe the factory have actually matched Registration and VIN, but only told dealer Registration? I didn't get to pick from a selection, which has always been the case with any other new car I have bought ..

"No hold ups all on track

As the holidays are getting closer and the factory will close down for two weeks we are giving customers registration numbers and yours will be **61 *** so you are able to arrange for your insurance to be scanned over to me

I will let you no as soon as I have the chassis number"

I don't want to build your hopes up, but Insurance companies and DVLA talk to one another, you've heard of MID, so I'm thinking the DVLA have some firm details regarding your car.

Fingers crossed.

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - Mag1c_dragon - 11-11-2011 10:16pm

(11-11-2011 09:56pm)Evo-king Wrote:  I don't want to build your hopes up, but Insurance companies and DVLA talk to one another, you've heard of MID, so I'm thinking the DVLA have some firm details regarding your car.

Fingers crossed.

I am trying not to get my hopes up, but its hard not too! I was thinking along the same lines as you too, sounds 'official'. Sounds like they might have all the cars lined up and booked up on the production line to Christmas

My date has never slipped. Yes, I was sold down the swanny by a salesman saying I was likely to get a September/OCtober delivery slot. But once I got given a date (so far - touch wood) it hasn't slipped.

Hopefully won't be long until I get that chassis number! Considering it was late June I placed my deposit, I have done not bad really (assuming all goes to plan!)

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - mark_n - 12-11-2011 07:09am

Good news for you then and all the more bizarre why some cars slip and others don't.

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - paulus599 - 12-11-2011 11:52am

Totally agree Mark, very confusing and bloody annoying to be honest!

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - Daigriff - 12-11-2011 01:17pm

(11-11-2011 10:16pm)Mag1c_dragon Wrote:  Hopefully won't be long until I get that chassis number! Considering it was late June I placed my deposit, I have done not bad really (assuming all goes to plan!)

Magic I think you have been very fortunate compared to most, but good luck to you.
My build date is also 25th November and as of Wednesday is still on course, I paid deposit over a year ago and specced in April.

Perhaps I should contact the dealer re the reg number. Also at what point would the dealer know the Vin number?
Not long now for us both.Thumbs Up